LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saravanan.s (business)     07 February 2015

Will

my mother elder sister having property his age is 85 year she decided to made will  for his property .she registered will for his property  the property  was earned by his father in law. In law got two daughter one elderson all are no more.only  daughter sons  are alive. if registered   will  can valid  because the property was not earned by his husband and moreover name transfer also done mentioned property  now the property is her name .my question   she made registered will mentioned person in that will  can get share from property.or will is not valid

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 February 2015

If the property is self earned by Father In law and he was Hindu then ClassI legal heir to Father in law are :

Spouse,Sons ,Daughters...........and the property shall devolve in their name if no WILL was written in his lifetime by father in law....

The share to daughters shall be decided on various factors that a local lawyer can advise.....hence meet local lawyer dealing in revenue/civil/property matters......If as per prevailing laws daughters are not eligible then rest of ClassI legal heir shall get the share equally.....

The children shall get share of their deceased father/mother......

The daughter in law shall get share of her husband.................and if she had children, she will share equally with children...

If daughters were not eligible as per opinion of the lawyer and spouse (wife of father in law) was not also not alive then the daughter in law may get full share (from her husband) that too if daughter in law had no children............

The daughter in law can write WILL for her share only... 

saravanan.s (business)     03 March 2015

Originally posted by : Kumar Doab

Thank you for reply sir the mentioned property was developed by her husband as of  now all taxes paid by him more over her husband blood own sister are no more only their sons are alive my doubt is their sons got any right in that property  in that registered will one of the share given to her husband one of the  sister daughter  .

i need your advice

If the property is self earned by Father In law and he was Hindu then ClassI legal heir to Father in law are :

Spouse,Sons ,Daughters...........and the property shall devolve in their name if no WILL was written in his lifetime by father in law....

The share to daughters shall be decided on various factors that a local lawyer can advise.....hence meet local lawyer dealing in revenue/civil/property matters......If as per prevailing laws daughters are not eligible then rest of ClassI legal heir shall get the share equally.....

The children shall get share of their deceased father/mother......

The daughter in law shall get share of her husband.................and if she had children, she will share equally with children...

If daughters were not eligible as per opinion of the lawyer and spouse (wife of father in law) was not also not alive then the daughter in law may get full share (from her husband) that too if daughter in law had no children............

The daughter in law can write WILL for her share only... 

saravanan.s (business)     03 March 2015

Thank you for reply sir the mentioned property was developed by her husband as of  now all taxes paid by him more over her husband blood own sister are no more only their sons are alive my doubt is their sons got any right in that property  in that registered will one of the share given to her husband one of the  sister daughter  .

i need your advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register