Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (Student)     09 November 2015

Wife wants to walk away taking child's custody

Hi, 

My wife has threathed me to walk away from house taking child custody. 

We have been married close to 10 Yrs and we have a girl child close to 8 yrs. 

She has constant problems with me, my family (which includes my parents , my brother's family etc. ) and she has walked away to her parents house several times. After several negotitations with her parents and counsellors she is back with me. Now she just want to go away and stay alone (with kid) ; The reason she is giving is, she wants to spend more time with kid which she is not getting in our house and secondly she doesn't want the child to be 'influenced' by my house's culture. 

My Child enjoys the company of grand-parents and other kids at home and thats the reason she does not want to spend more time with her mother ( Not that my child hates her mother) 

Knowing this, My wife wants to live in isolation and taking away my child. This I see will impact my child badly as she will be loosing the company of grand-parents and other kids, Secondly and mainly It will cut of my rights as father to be with her. She won't allow me to be freely with my kid after-wards.   

She knows I can't move with her to a seperate house ( leaving my parents who are dependdent on me). 

Is there a way to prevent her from doing this? If I stop her she threathens me of DV or other cases.
Are there any Child Rights that apply here Or she can take these decisons herself?  

Is there a way I can get Custody of my Kid ?

Thanks,

Learning

5 Replies

SuperHero (Manager)     09 November 2015

Originally posted by : Srinivas
Hi, 

My wife has threathed me to walk away from house taking child custody. 

We have been married close to 10 Yrs and we have a girl child close to 8 yrs. 

She has constant problems with me, my family (which includes my parents , my brother's family etc. ) and she has walked away to her parents house several times. After several negotitations with her parents and counsellors she is back with me. Now she just want to go away and stay alone (with kid) ; The reason she is giving is, she wants to spend more time with kid which she is not getting in our house and secondly she doesn't want the child to be 'influenced' by my house's culture. 

My Child enjoys the company of grand-parents and other kids at home and thats the reason she does not want to spend more time with her mother ( Not that my child hates her mother) 

Knowing this, My wife wants to live in isolation and taking away my child. This I see will impact my child badly as she will be loosing the company of grand-parents and other kids, Secondly and mainly It will cut of my rights as father to be with her. She won't allow me to be freely with my kid after-wards.   

She knows I can't move with her to a seperate house ( leaving my parents who are dependdent on me). 

Is there a way to prevent her from doing this? If I stop her she threathens me of DV or other cases.
Are there any Child Rights that apply here Or she can take these decisons herself?  

Is there a way I can get Custody of my Kid ?

Thanks,

Yes, the best way to do this negotiate..with your Wife and Parents...

Take a separate house, Near Your Parents house...May be 2 streets away...

Mon - Friday You 3 have plenty of time to fight and Love.

Saturday - Go stay with your Parents...If your daughter wants to go spend some quality time with Grand parents on other days, let her go, but keep a minimum of 1 hour...

Sunday - Go for shopping, multiplex, groceries...which is called Outing...

Please don't confuse children with Divorces, Child Custody.. and so on...

10 Years of Marriage and now you want to go for divorce and child custody...

In today's economic and cultural changes,, Women are not dependent on Men any more...for there economic needs...and they don't bow for society pressures...

Nuclear Families have evolved...It is okay to take separate accomodation...Nothing wrong in it...

Okay say worst case,

You got Child Custody and Your wife too will fight for it..But you are Hurting the Heart of your Kid with all this non-sense roaming around courts and child custody, lawyers office.

Don't fight like Dogs and Cats infront of your Children and they are watching you, observing you and Learning from you...

Doesn't the child have the right of freedom to express her thoughts....

Already there are enough cases in Court Halls..

All my opinions worth may be 2 cents..Rest is upto you...

saravanan s (legal advisor)     09 November 2015

Rightly adviced by superhero

Srinivas (Student)     13 November 2015

Thanks @superhero, I respect your advice. I'm aware your '2 cents' can save hundreds of dollars and all the future pain. My wife does not want my company. This is not a conclusion after a day's fight, its been so all the way for several years. Shopping mall, movies, gifts, jewellery etc has not made any difference. She wants "Freedom from me" and to be independent, not my company.

In the past my wife was away and had prevented me to meet my child for first 4 yrs. Now me & my kid bond has grown well, she is doing this, knowing I can't live without her. She doesn't care for me even When I was bed ridden and hospitlizised and never taken any care of any sort in all these 10 yrs.

So I wish the quick fix works simply; I'm open to try your suggestion as its far easier, pain and effort saving. However I'm also looking professional legal advice. In case she procceeds and plans to take away my kid, is this action legal? How I can take custody of kid?

SuperHero (Manager)     13 November 2015

Originally posted by : Srinivas
Thanks @superhero, I respect your advice. I'm aware your '2 cents' can save hundreds of dollars and all the future pain. My wife does not want my company. This is not a conclusion after a day's fight, its been so all the way for several years. Shopping mall, movies, gifts, jewellery etc has not made any difference. She wants "Freedom from me" and to be independent, not my company.

In the past my wife was away and had prevented me to meet my child for first 4 yrs. Now me & my kid bond has grown well, she is doing this, knowing I can't live without her. She doesn't care for me even When I was bed ridden and hospitlizised and never taken any care of any sort in all these 10 yrs.

So I wish the quick fix works simply; I'm open to try your suggestion as its far easier, pain and effort saving. However I'm also looking professional legal advice. In case she procceeds and plans to take away my kid, is this action legal? How I can take custody of kid?

@Srinivas - Some people won't listen...and there Mind is Wavering always.....Especially if you have kids both Husband and Wife should do there Duty towards there Children with LOVE. They should burst there EGO not the relationship.

We can't force any one especially in Husband and Wife relationships.

Even in the Word independent...we are IN DEPENDENT...

For E.g I am dependent on Farmers for Milk, Vegetables, Groceries..Weavers for my Clothes, Construction Engineers for building house...so on...

For this kind of people, both Husband, Wife should be left in an island or in a desert, both will fight, shout and yell at each other and after some time they will surrender to the circumstances, situation because there is no other option, both will take help of each other and then slowly both will fall in LOVE in search of path or oasis...

I am not a Lawyer, if you can go and talk to any one they will ask you to file Child custody for sure...and then the Judge will take his decision on hearing from both parties...

I wish you Good Luck...My Last reply...

(Guest)

10 years of marriage, shame on you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register