Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Wife not willing to stay

Executive Assistant

Dear Friends

please someone help me. I was married on 16th Dec 2012. from this day my wife does not willing to live with me. She goes to her fathers home after every 10 or 15 days and stays more day. Me and my family raised issue with her family but they all with her. She denied for every work. So I want to give divorce her. Please help me. Waiting for friendly hands of yours.

Thanks and Regards

Legal Enthusiast


no court will entertain any case of divorce before completion of  one year of marriage.

talk to them and sense their intention.


Dy Director

court will not entertain divorce case but police will entertain dowry demand case.


Tyr to see why this happens so soon after marriage.   


It the behaviour of you and your family OK with her (not in your opinion).  


Please try to solve amicably court are not picnic spots.


1) suggest to your wife that both visit a marriage counsellor .

2) dont take a hasty decision for divorce . you have to wait for one year ie till December 2013 before filing for divorce .

3) when she returns find out why she wants to go to her parents place for 15 days at a strech .

4) if your wife does not want to stay with you go for divorce by mutual consent

Total likes : 1 times


hardly 6 months completed and you came to forum for divorce form your wife 

1. you can opt divorce but have you tried any thing to solve her problem why she is going every now and then to her in laws house 

2. naturally married women take some time to adjust in the matimonial house some will adjust immedietely and some will take time 

3. it is your duty to convince , try to make her happy if she is not working for some days let her not work you help her and your parents 

4. take her outside let keep her happy and ask her why she is going to her parents house and come out the question and solve if your can 

5.if you go to marriage counsellor also will try to question in the same way and will tell you to do this and that so before going to try your efforts to solve them

in this 6 months if you are not succedeed then plan as per your wish mere going and standing in que and taking obtaiing divorce is not that much easy 

the facts you mentioned are nore suffiecient to take divorce and you have to prepare false words to get divorce even after one year 


If she did not want to stay with you, why did she marry you then?

Take help of elders, barge in to her place, discuss, if still she is not agreeing to come back then solve the matter then and there itself, ask for mutual consent divorce.

They return all your things, you return all their things.  Take divorce via MCD.  Part ways peacefully.

Even if you go the direct legal way, first file RCR, she wont come, then you file divorce petition, RCR case will be running, she file 125 crpc for money, you tell you come if you want I wont pay money.  and the game will continue like that...she may also file false cases on you like DV, 498a etc.. A good 10 years will be gone just like that.  So instead of all that, part ways like gentlemen via MCD.


Remember one thing, no court in India can force your wife to cohabit with you.

and at the same time the same holds good for husband also !


Hi Deepak!

if this is going on from the start of ur marriage. i suppose it is some different issue. she must be shy n not able to express her views. be polite to her n ask her abut her problem. i doubt it is becoz of physical relationship. my cousin also had the same issue n she applied for divorce. some women r not comfortable with it once they get married. give her some time. make her understand it politely. hopefully it might work if this is the issue. does she avoid u whn u go closer to her? some women have this problem. kindly verify. if u r gud to her, she will be gud to u. sometimes to achieve something u got  to have patience. patience counts. there r solutions to every problem. but the way u handle each problem is upto u. don't worsen things before it is too late. take ur time. be patient enough. just find the root cause of her problem, here u have to talk to her like a frnd n not her husband. even if it doesn't work no problem. go for a divorce talk to her for the betterment of both of u. take her for a drive, a dinner, lunch or spend one day only with her alone. u shall get to knw the reason. there r different types of women. so there r different ways to handle them. remember one thing if u r not wrong frm ur side don't invite trouble for urself. some women r difficult to handle. since u knw her for so long u must have noticed wht she likes n dislikes. in front of her do wht she likes to show her n don't do wht she doesn't like. its a bit tough. but am sure if ther is a will there is a way. for me its easy to talk but i knw its difficult to implement. only u can solve it if u keep urself cool n don't react negatively. remember one thing i have not told u to change urself for her. be how u r. sometimes silence provides an answer to all ur questions. wishing u all the very best.


I have few queries which are not clear from your case

1. Do you had physical relation with her (Consumated?).

2. Her status/behaviour -  working/non working/shy/abusive

3. What excuses she puts when going to her home.

Try to understand the girl.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x