Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Wife harasing parents

Hello,

I am seeking advice from the learned members here.

I got married 1.5 years back and my wife left my house within months of marriage.  I am not in the city and took up employment in a different city.  No one knows about this.  Now my wife has filed a police complain that I have left her and gone somewhere and my parents are not telling her.  Police are really harassing my parents now by coming to home or calling them to police station.  Please tell me what can my parents do here so that olice stop harassing them.  My parents have absolutely no clue where I am.  I call them rarely and that too internet calling so they don't even have my mobile number.

Thanks a lot for the help

Regards

Learning

12 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     04 September 2013

1.    I donot feel in presented brief your wife is harassing your parents? In similar situation if once wife is found missing, the husband is suggested to file missing persons report with POLICE. When police is informed same procedure takes place like they go to In-Laws place number of times or calling them to police station to enquire about missing wife of yours; by same logic as alleged here by you she may also allege that Husband is harassing her parents !

2.    A spouse is duty bound to find whereabouts of another spouse in a subsisting marriage. She is following her duty via lodging mentioned missing person report and causing police to act upon such filed report. Unless you remain un-informed before your spouse she will seek such inquiries which are in accordance with Law.

3.    It is good to cooperate with the police, but it is not necessary to go to the police station unless the police officer is formally arresting them. Otherwise, if he just wants to question them or is making inquiries about your missing on behest of your wife's missing person’s report pending before them, then he has to summon them in writing to come to police station on a particular date / time and report to particular IO. Once they go to police station upon receiving such summon they have to mark their attendance in writing as safety precaution of their cooperation in presented matter.

4.    Ideally in presented brief it is your responsibility to maintain cordiality or acrimony with your wife and you should be coming forward to settle your marital issues instead of burdening your parents and taking up job in other city with no forwarding address known to your wife.

5.    I don’t wish to know reasons in open forum or via PM of not revealing – disclosing your whereabouts to your wife as you may have few and for the same consult locally with an Advocate to settle your marital issues directly with wife leaving aside your parents involvement in such inquiries. 

Observation:
Your agitation before the forum is similar to Arjun’s Vishad Yog. Calmly read about Arjun’s Vishad Yog described in Chapter I of Gita. The Chapter means in laymen’s language; “most litigants in Family Disputes, suffer from Arjun’s Vishad Yog - they avoid taking first legal steps and then they suffer protracted litigations”.

(Guest)

Your statements contradicts with your action------------You have mentioned she left you within few months of marriage and after few months you left her even without telling your parents as where are you right of the moment?

This contradictions will not support you.

concerns:

1.If she has left you within few months then you would have taken action,why you went hiding?

2. If you were not compatable with her let her know and act accordingly.

3. You simply ran away making your parents to face the music.

4. Now also you can come and sort out your problems or else this problem will only increase in due course of time.

5. There is nothing to fear man,i don't know why you guys fear with the police and all in marital cases, yarr if you can invest life long on her maintenance,then why can't you simply invest on AB through a good criminal lawyer and fight for your freedom.

6. Be brave and tackle the situation like a man and not like a childish act.The worst will be giving her maintenance and residence and that also when she is abla naari and can't feed her,can't hide her and can't maintain her but you can't be forced to live with her.

7. So,just sort out the matter with mutual talk and proceed with MCD if she is not ready then tell her clear cut that she is going to ruin her life and nothing else.

regards,

(Guest)

Thanks for the reply dear learned members.

Just to give more information, she left the house on her own will and did not show any interest in returning back.  All conversations for reconciliation or MCD failed.  She started harassing me by meeting people at my office and calling me every second day to police station.  I got this very god offer and decided to take it and didn't inform anyone so that my wife can stop harassing me and reaching out to people in my office.  

Do you think my parents disowning would help here.  Can my parents file a complain to higher police officials and tell them about this.  A legal procedure in the current situation would be very helpful.

Regards

supriya (home maker)     04 September 2013

Dear Queriest,

My dear brother is also in the same situation as you are. We were also suggested the same thing by our lawyer. IF you want to spend money for no use got ahead and ask a lawyer to show yu the procedure for disowning, Today we have recieved summon from police station which was written and they have asked us to be present there at specified time.

Point no: 1 which the police will ask is: What were your parents doing till the time your wife approached police? Why no missing report was filed till date?

Why divorce was not filed? why did u not give a letter to the police intimating that your wife has left your house on her own will. You should have send a letter calling her back and all that stuff.

I dont think going for disowning is the right thing at this point if time. The police will trace you from under the soil any movement. So stop wasting time on hiding out. MY sincere suggestion.

(Guest)

Dear querist,

I will still stick with my first post for your query.

1.If she was harrasing you and calling at police station,then why you have not cleared evry thing at that time if you were innocent?

2. A man can live at any part of the world for his Bread & Butter no court can force any body to live at particular place only or do particular job only,so,here there was nothing to hide such thing if you were right.

3. Your parents had not done anything wrong then why you have ran away leaving them alone to face your bitter half.

Solutions:

1. Disowning from the property won't do anything for you now,as you have cleared every thing after hiding and running from her.

2. Ask your parents to file a civil suite of Injunction against her and in-laws.

3. Ask your mother to submit the cc of that civil suit to your nearest PS.

4. Come to your home town and meet your nearest SHO  and ask him as why you people are harassing my parents,Iam matured man crossed 21 yrs. and having my own rights to earn for my self and my family,but my wife is hell bent to harass me,that's why i don't want to live with her.

5. Write a complaint against her in the same police station of her harassment.

6. Remember one thing court doesn't provide anything to women until or unless she doesn't go to court for such relief.So,here if she is simply bothering you via police let her tell that if you have problem with me then go to family court and tell to the court but don't harass me by police as I have all proofs against you as what you have done till date to me.

7. By saying above things either your wife will go to family court for relief or stop harassing you by knowing that nothing will happen as you are stubborn.

8. Let her file any cases against you, you just stay cool and collect only evidences against her.

9. Hire a freindly and efficient lawyer who could handle your case without your presence and if judge ask for your present then you have to come.

10. Once she will be exhausted after No result then she will come for MCD,at that time you have to bargain on settlements and get freed from this dead marriage.

regards

1 Like

supriya (home maker)     04 September 2013

I am sorry but what sufferer is suggesting is wrong...may be thats the reason you name is captioned as sufferer.

Please dont misguide him. And if police is doing investigation and calling hs family to know his whereabouts then you cant call it as harassment. If she goes to famiy court then she may learn other provisions and file Sec: 125 crpc and other cases and then he will have to just roam around courts.

These days polcie are very smart. We wanted to send our brother abroad, but my SIL traced his passport, PAN card, Bank Account PF account numbers easily through police. Know the police will also come to know from which ATM he has withdrawn money last and trace him. So we are planning to surrender and go for peacefull mediation instead o following advocates and running around courts and police station for years.

Its really frustrating i have compeltely exhaussted in one week. Dont know how people do it for years.

My suggestion is stop escaping, face it , fight it win it or compromise do whatever suits you. But dont hide its really a shameful thing becoz u will be easily traced.

(Guest)

Lol!!! this madam is making me laugh. From when did she become an entertainer :-) just with one case by her SIL ;-)

(Guest)

Originaly posted by supriya

I am sorry but what sufferer is suggesting is wrong...may be thats the reason you name is captioned as sufferer.

Please dont misguide him. And if police is doing investigation and calling hs family to know his whereabouts then you cant call it as harassment. If she goes to famiy court then she may learn other provisions and file Sec: 125 crpc and other cases and then he will have to just roam around courts.

These days polcie are very smart. We wanted to send our brother abroad, but my SIL traced his passport, PAN card, Bank Account PF account numbers easily through police. Know the police will also come to know from which ATM he has withdrawn money last and trace him. So we are planning to surrender and go for peacefull mediation instead o following advocates and running around courts and police station for years.

Its really frustrating i have compeltely exhaussted in one week. Dont know how people do it for years.

My suggestion is stop escaping, face it , fight it win it or compromise do whatever suits you. But dont hide its really a shameful thing becoz u will be easily traced.

Dear supriya,First mind your language and don't use foul language ,don't even undersetimate the Name as "Sufferer" bcz this is the real name of every Indian Husband who has been married in India. Needless, to say have you gone through my above reply what I have suggested him?

If don't then plz go to my all points above what I have suggested him as Don't hide and run away,just face whatever the situation is. Why you have left your parent's alone ,come and face whatever is going,they are not monster or Giants that they will eat you.

Each point whatever I have suggested him is the practicaly aprooved from non other than me,If a person feels freightened then he will never overulled his fear of police.If he visit once in a life time the police station and court then all fear about courts and police goes like "Hawa and not Hawalat".

So madam what you have suggested in your reply,I have already done with reply earlier,so,plz read first with open eyes and toungue close in your mouth before writing any thing about learned members.

I hope next time you will not gather guts to write such fake comments on any members.

thanks & regards,

A sufferer..

1 Like

Gopal Arora (Engineer)     04 September 2013

@HarrassedByLaw

By not disclosing your whereabouts to your wife, you are running away from current situation and making it worse. Your wife is approaching police,which shows that she is sincere about her married life and husband is irresponsible.

In case, you want to file divorce in future, then you will not be able to prove any cruelty or desertion. Instead she will be able to prove desertion and cruelty against you.

Face the current situation. If she is defaming you in your office etc. then collect those evidences and prepare for defending the criminal cases that she will file in future.

Please note that marriage law amendment may become law. After 3 years of separation, she can file divorce under IRBM. You will be held responsible for breaking the marriage by concealing your whereabouts from your wife.

1 Like

(Guest)

Thanks for the replies learned members.

My company is planning to send me on an International project for a good one year shortly and I don't want to mess up my career by getting into a legal tangle now.  My wife is not a career oriented woman so it doesn't matter her if she has to spend her whole time in police station or courts.  

Is there a way by which I can inform the police or courts or the society that I have left the city on my own wish for a better life and would cooperate with the judiciary and there is no need to harass my family on this.  Will a notice be me in newspapers would help or an email to the PS & commissioner with a cc to my wife could do?  Any advice here would be of immense help.

Thanks

(Guest)

@Gopal Arora

Can you please highlight the negative consequences of a divorce case under IRBM if am held responsible for breaking the marriage.  Will the wife be able to claim more alimony or the court would take a softer approach on wife etc.

Thanks for highlighting this point to me.  Looking for some more help in this matter.

Thanks again all learned members.

fightingfalsecase (sw)     08 September 2013

@HarassedbyLaw, if you were so career oriented, then, why did you get married to this lady and ruined her life. Laws like 498a should be highly usedaagainst men like you. Only then you'll understand what is the price you need to pay for playing with other's lives. You might have got married to take the higher step in your career by getting that financed by your in laws. You might also had promised your in laws before gladly accepting all the DOWRYs from them, that you would love their daughter forever. And now, you finally got your tickets to abroad from the DOWRY Shame on you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register