Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wife getting maintenance acc. to hubby's income becomes news

Page no : 12

revolutionary (NA)     01 June 2011

Maintenance is given in all countries;not just NDIA.

Even in USA,where there are more working women than those in India.

You talk as if only India has maintenance practice.

Still if you feel that this is unjustified,1st fight out against it at an international level and gain victory in your quest.Then you may start your fight in India too.

@Roshini

I kind of always admired your views on various topics. But I think this resposne was completely baseless. Where are we currently staying? India . Which laws are currently hurting us ? India DV law. So where shoud I be looking to contest? Any guesses?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     01 June 2011

Originally posted by :Roshni B..

"

Maintenance is given in all countries;not just NDIA.

Take: No doubt about it. But have you any understanding of Maint. Laws of International Jurisprudence at all ! However note it the concept of free lunch is abolished in few countries since 2009 and other highly developed nations are amending their ‘free lunch aka maint. to able bodied married women’ too. Roshni B, kindly keep abreast with international Family laws first then talk and or compare and or drill to masses here in
India.  

Even in
USA,where there are more working women than those in India.
Take: No doubt about it, but have you not known that
USA practices "equity" i.e. if working wife and non working husband there then she has to give him maint. without even doing 'forum hunting' unlike in India where a working women files minimum (i.e. national average) 2 maint. suits and 1 is always a criminal maint. suit. In USA they don’t have such concepts.  

You talk as if only
India has maintenance practice.
Take: What we Indian men are talking let me clarify in tombstone to so called ‘innocent” women is 'equity" and not Jana gana mana of S. 24 HMA hai na kar key which is no doubt the only so called gender neutral maint. Section in Indian Jurisprudence and moreover count yourself how many Indian husband ever till date (since 1955) actually got benefited by S. 24 HMA against whatever benefit a Indian women has achieved by using two maint. sections always, atleast she got some maint. if it is pittance or not is secondary debate! 

Still if you feel that this is unjustified,1st fight out against it at an international level and gain victory in your quest. Then you may start your fight in
India too.
Take: If you may like then first post International Maint. Laws News as you are quite found of your so called “innocent News postings here till date” to know thyself what you are preaching us, as three fingers point to you first before you point just one to us.

"

2 Like

(Guest)

Tajobs said to Roshni:

If you may like then first post International Maint. Laws News as you are quite found of your so called “innocent News postings here till date” to know thyself what you are preaching us, as three fingers point to you first before you point just one to us.

so, here is the picture :

:P

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     01 June 2011

Originally posted by :revolutionary
" @Roshini

I kind of always admired your views on various topics. But I think this resposne was completely baseless. Where are we currently staying? India . Which laws are currently hurting us ? India DV law. So where shoud I be looking to contest? Any guesses?
"

I had saved my reply to you but cud not answer earlier owing to 1 hr. restriction..

I am against maintenance to adulterous women,or those who desert husband without any reason.

Basically I meant to say that when maintenance is given in almost all counties,including in USA where position of women is better than Indian women,and where women earn also in larger nos. than Indian women,why do you blame only Indian laws?

Yes I agree to many people that laws like DV must include compensation and maintenance to a man also if he's abused/non-working/deserted,etc as in USA(I guess USA's DV Act has such a clause defined for harassed men also)

Regards,

Roshni

hema (law officer)     01 June 2011

if any one thinks maintenance laws are illegal, he/she is free to approach the supreme court.  if supreme court turns them down, get elected as M.P. and convince other M.P.s and get the laws made. if it is difficult sit in dharna at jantar mantar like Anna Hazare and mobilize the people and get the new law enacted.  just arguing with the people by pressing some keys on computer will not bring any fruitful result.

the supreme court and various high courts already answered the various legal questions raised in dv act.  still harping the same arguments, which are defeated in court of law will give only self satisfaction to the authors.  

3 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     01 June 2011

Originally posted by :Roshni B..

"

(I guess USA's DV Act has such a clause defined for harassed men also)

"

ha ha

You may not like my impromptu correction to yoru post reply made to another member but be known young lady that out of the 72 countries where they have some or the other forms of Bharat Ratna DV Act
PAKISTAN is the only country which has unanimously PASSED DV ACT AS GENDER NEUTRAL

I hope you may not even know that Bharat Ratna DV ACT is directly funded by USA i.e. from UN Trust Funds and
Asia
/ Pacific - Lawyer's Collective received $ 140,000/- as grant to push via Indian Parliament this clumsy drafted Dream Violence Act into Indian society!!!!!. However, no body knows, what happened to all that money and since 2008 UN Trust Funds have stopped funding Lawyers Collective and once again get corrected lady; even USA does not have any form of relief for AMERICAN MEN's under their original version of Domestic Violence.

Suggested to take good rest during this summer from posting free fight for all members such NEWS postings as you are found of creating fights between members and then poking saying "I am innocent" here in Family Law forum and kindly study just few basics of International Family Laws for your own good and for building your own self confidence while such core discussions goes on here instead of pow-wowing with one and sundry members on grounds of 'emotions' read with 'politics' colly. assumed as "innocence of a Indian women".

Before you challenge again in public forums with your "innocence veil' read PDF file of above quoted grant that Lawyers Collective in
India received which I am attaching as part to correct you.

Attached File : 85555 183102 29 lc unifem grant 140k usd.pdf downloaded: 75 times
1 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     01 June 2011

I am not interested in interacting with you TAJOBS.Yet you keep challenging me.

I have read somewhere that in USA too a man can claim maintenance.If it's not under DV Act,then it's under some other law.

Even if I am not aware fully of America's DV Act,is that a victory for you?What makes you feel so proud of yourself,as if you know everything?How can you expect a common man to know international laws so well?

We all come to LCI to learn.If I had known everything,I would have been a lawyer.Aint it?

If you know everything,why don't you file PILs in SC/become a neta,etc as advised by Hema.That will be a real victory if your efforts help all the harassed husbands get justice.Bashing a member in a forum like LCI only because his knowledge may not be up to date is not victory.

Do something productive for men if you feel for them,instead of writing hate threads against women.People who believe in actions don't talk and brag so much.They do their work quietly.If you succeed in your PILS,then you can boast of your so called greatness.But if you can't,don't take out your frustrations by bashing people online who have nothing to do with you.

If I talk of emotional issues,it's my choice.How does it matter to you?Atleast I don't discuss useless issues like METRO WIVES,DUMMY'S GUIDE FOR FILING 498A,etc.

You say I treat this site as a social networking thread.How do you say so?Am I discussing recipes here,Am I discussing beauty tips here?Am I sharing my photos here?So talk some sense.Don't forget that laws and society are interrelated.If I talk of society,it has connection with law only.Laws are drafted according to culture of the country.Culture includes society too..

This site is for INDIAN PUBLIC & LAWYERS .The craetor of this site must have kept in mind that when public interacts,they will not just discuss queries,but participate in discussions too.So why do you bother so much about these discussions?Do you own LCI,that you feel your site is getting harmed?

Was your own Metro Wives a legal thread?Likewise you have posted many such threads to provoke members to fight,or to just grab attention from people.One being"ADMIN I WANT A T-SHIRT THIS MONTH,ADMIN I WANT AN I-POD THIS MONTH".For those threads,you were once snubbed publically by Advocate Kiran Kumar,who called you a "sophesticated beggar".

Lastly  I am not interested in reading your PDF files.I am not even opening it.

Now please leave me alone and keep your word for never interacting with me henceforth.You have all the right to reply to threads started by me,but not addressed to me.

Regards,

2 Like

(Guest)
  • I have read judgements that working wives don't get maintenance.
  •  Women marry (except some criminal minded lady refer https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Woman-applies-USE-AND-THROW-PRINCIPAL-ON-MEN-37835.asp)  live a happy family life.But due to some unavoidable reasons if the marriage does not get consumated or saved then if the woman is unemployed then she should get maintenance provided woman is not guilty for breaking of the marriage..In case if she is guilty then the husband side must have some proofs of that , just they have to furnish that in court like those false 498A cases maintenance cases would go FALSE.
  • No adulterous woman gets maintenance in India provided her adultary should be proved.Now question is that adultary is not committed openly and it is not possible for a man/woman to follow spouse with video camera!!:).That is the reason 98% 498A cases go false.Because husband's illicit relation is a ground of cruelty over the wife under s/498A
  • Under HMA man is also entitled to maintenance.Just they have to file the case and to contest it.

Many a times husband earns lac+  whereas wife is a private school teacher earning 3000 or less,is it justified she should get deprived of maintenance if she has kids?Taking care of kids is not a easy task and it can not be measured with money.

Then why is this so arguement over maintenance??

(Guest)

Only a person who works hard and earns and faces false cases just because he earns can understand the problem with these maintenance laws. Don't worry "greedy women", there will be a day when each marriage will end up in courts and when even the other side will learn to fight back and then you will be responsible for ruining the lives of hundreds of females because of greed of few !

When marrying for money is termed as crime for husband and his family, it should as well be termed as crime for wife and her family. And women who marry for money should certainly not be rewarded ....

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Avani
"
Only a person who works hard and earns and faces false cases just because he earns can understand the problem with these maintenance laws. Don't worry "greedy women", there will be a day when each marriage will end up in courts and when even the other side will learn to fight back and then you will be responsible for ruining the lives of hundreds of females because of greed of few !

When marrying for money is termed as crime for husband and his family, it should as well be termed as crime for wife and her family. And women who marry for money should certainly not be rewarded ....
"

In which era you  are  living in?

Kyun biwi se dahez nehi mila kya?(as you are writing When marrying for money is termed as crime for husband and his family, it should as well be termed as crime for wife and her family. And women who marry for money should certainly not be rewarded ....)

Work hard and be capable of living lavish life of own.Don't kill poor parents of your wife asking DOWRY.

(Guest)

Avani,

wife not giving divorce???

or filed counter maintenance case ?

(Guest)
Originally posted by :nonfeminist
"

Originally posted by :Avani

"

"

In which era you  are  living in?

Kyun biwi se dahez nehi mila kya?(as you are writing When marrying for money is termed as crime for husband and his family, it should as well be termed as crime for wife and her family. And women who marry for money should certainly not be rewarded ....)

Work hard and be capable of living lavish life of own.Don't kill poor parents of your wife asking DOWRY.

"

When did I say that asking for dowry is RIGHT ????? Just see what I said ... Demanding dowry should be termed as crime for both husband and wife ... Read my post properly before taunting on me. Neither have I demanded dowry nor taken it but someone is demanding dowry from my family. And no, its not my husband, but my brother's wife ! .. So, what would you say now ?

(Guest)

Am not interested in anyone else's money, neither dowry nor maintenance. I strongly condemn keeping an eye on husband's / wife's money when one can by earn his / her own intellect and hard work.

DAHEJ NAHI MILA is not the point ... because my family never anyway asked for it or wanted it. But he was not knowing that this will become his biggest crime. He happened to get caught in an extortion racket where a beggar family is looting him for managing their lavish expenses.

And don't call yourself "nonfeminist", you are a true feminist inspite of (MAYBE) not even being a female !

(Guest)
Originally posted by :nonfeminist
"
Avani,

wife not giving divorce???

or filed counter maintenance case ?

"

I dont (and cant) have a wife NONFEMINIST who is a true FEMINIST.

(Guest)

Strangely u are behaving like Uma and Utpala. WEIRD !!! Seems you are their another ID