LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ghansham   31 May 2016

Wife claims jewels lying with me in mediation

dear members, in mediation session today. wife claimed that she has left a lot of jewellery with me which she will claim from via court, however i really dont have anything with me, they are demanding 7 lacs for MCD, else she will file cases for recovery of jewels and maintainence. actually in her own DV case, she has filed a list of items which she claims is left with me when she left the house. in that list, there is no mention of any jewels or gold, but she is now claiming that those are with me. hence please advise if i can use that list to claim that she is lying in mediation. please advise. thanks 

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
Showing her lies in mediation won't help you. Things have to be proven in court to be effective. She has to prove that you have her jewelry, her earlier list will help you in court.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     31 May 2016

Mr Ghansham,

Why did U start a new thread instead of continuing in the old one?

Dana Kayoni (Expert Humanitarian and Lawyer)     01 June 2016

You would have agreed to give 1 lac, hence the new allegation of jewellery lying with you, this ultimaetly will only harass you by making you roam to courts for another decade.  Try to come to decent figure for MCD, this is one time payment, and you are being canjoos.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register