LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mubeen (MD)     01 January 2015

Wife and father admitted they have given dowry

Respected Experts,

We had trial for 498A in a witness wife and her father admitted before CJM that they have given dowry.the statement was recorded 1 year back.Judgment came in nov 2014 for conviction to me and my parents.The CJM has mentioned in judgment order that both have admitted giving dowry.Now case is in session court.CAn we file criminal case or how criminal case for giving dowry can be filed.


 6 Replies

mubeen (MD)     01 January 2015

498A case is in sessions court we hav appealed.

Jatin Sapra 9312223345,Delhi (Advocate)     03 January 2015


it will hit be limitation 468 Cr.P.C so big noooo and defend ur appeal.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     04 January 2015

You can file Writ Petition (Article 226) with Dowry Provision Act and Indian Evidence Act.


Sample WP is in my links. Please download the attached files for dowry prohibition act and Indian Evidence Act.



Please read each of my posts carefully in the following links for sample petitions and other necessary clues.

Attached File : 80748204 dowry-prohibition-act-1961.pdf, 80748204 the indian evidence act.pdf downloaded: 118 times

AS   04 January 2015

dont do this.It will not work for you.

AS   04 January 2015

mubeen , please check your inbox and reply to my PM 

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     05 January 2015

Mr. AS,


Please never mind,


Could you please explain why?


Yes, I understand that in this stage appeal is needed, however we are free to sue any constitutional case in parallel also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register