LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priyanka   25 November 2017

Widow Rights

Respected sir/madam, My name is priyanka sharma, i am a widow women, my inlaws house is in gurgaon. I have been married in january 2016, and my husband got expired in july 2017. After my husband's death my inlaws throw me out of my husband's house, when i asked them about my husband funds, claims of company, they refused to gave me. Sir, my father in law was in government job but had expired few years back, without leaving a will of his property/ house, now his government pension is taking by my mother inlaw, my mother inlaw was also a government employer, she is also taking her own government pension, It means now she is taking 2 government pensions, and living happily in her husband's house. Sir, my husband worked in a reputed company of gurgaon, company told me that your husband did not change his nomination for claims and funds, (mother to wife) , thats why this problem occurs, company told me that claims and funds belongs to wife only but , if your mother inlaw is also expecting for money, than it should be 20% belongs to mother and 80% belongs to wife according to law. When i told about this rule to my mother inlaw than she refused and said if you also want than i will give you only 50% otherwise not. Sir, someone told me the judgement of supereme court, that the nomination made before marriage is invalid, after marriage nominee will automatically belongs to wife only, mother inlaw is only a care taker, when legal hier found then mother inlaw has to give all rights to legal hier, and for mother inlaw gratuity will be 50% . Sir, plz help me what is right and what is wrong, what are the rights of a widow in her husbands company , funds, death claims , and what are the rights of a widow in her father inlaws property /house. Sir, i am in a extreme pain after my husband death, please guide me , please help me in this situation, as soon as possible, waiting for your reply . My email id:- priyanka_sharma1988@yahoo.com Thankyou Priyanka sharma Date :- 25 - November - 2017

Learning

4 Replies

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     25 November 2017

Madam,

I can understand your problem. You have a very good case. The only question of time. If you file representations before proper authorities they see that you will get all the retirement benefits of your late husband. If you have no money/fees to pay court fee there LEGAL SERVICE AUTHORITY in each Court premises, where Widhow get free advocates whose fees will be paid by Govt.

Please try or contac me.

Sir, i have read all information you provided, but still i have some quirries to disscuss with you ,sir i am very new on it, i dont know where should i go, should i go to tees hazari court which is near by my house, where is legal service authority, sir i am requesting you please provide your contact number , so that i can dissuss with you, i will be very thankful to you or you can contact me on my no:- 9968334288, or you can sms me on this number, My email id is :- priyanka_sharma1988@yahoo.com Thankyou Priyanka sharma

Sir, i have read all information you provided, but still i have some quirries to disscuss with you ,sir i am very new on it, i dont know where should i go, should i go to tees hazari court which is near by my house, where is legal service authority, sir i am requesting you please provide your contact number , so that i can dissuss with you, i will be very thankful to you or you can contact me on my no:- 9968334288, or you can sms me on this number, My email id is :- priyanka_sharma1988@yahoo.com Thankyou Priyanka sharma

(Guest)

@ Ms. Priyanka,

Your rights as a widow can be recognized only on your clear desctiption of the problem with reference to the names of the funds you want to claim. You have put forth your problem in a very casual way, where as several questions arise out of your descriptttion, like:

1) What are the funds pertaining to your husband, you want to claim?

2) How many years of service your husband rendered to the company?

3) What was the cause of death of your husband?

4) What douments you possess pertaining to the service of your husband?

5) Whether you formally applied to the company for claiming, which of the funds and what was the exact response in writing, if any, of the company?

6) Where you are residing after you were thrown out of your husband's house?

7) What are the sources of your income and livelihood?

etc., etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register