LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashish (Translator)     23 March 2012

Whether maintance amount can be recovered from gpf.

Dear Sir,

I was regularly paying the maintance of Rs. 3200/-pm to my wife when I was in service.  However, my service has been terminated w.e.f. 1st May, 2011 and therefore,  I have stop to pay the maintance amount of Rs. 3200/- w.e.f. May, 2011 since I am unemployement.

However, It has came to my notice that my wife has filled an application before family court, nagpur and requested to the court to issue order to recover maintance amount from my GPF Fund which is still with my employer. 

Please inform me whether court can pass an order to recover the maintance amount from my GPF..?

But, I heard that there is high court judgement saying that no arreas or amount can be recovered from employees'sGPF.

If it is correct then plz provide me full judgement .

Also advice me on this issue.










 2 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 March 2012

GPF can not be touched. But when you withdraw the same, it would be your liquid asset and the arrears can be recovered from that.


Shonee Kapoor

ashish (Translator)     24 March 2012

Yes, You are Correct sir.

So, I am requesting you to please provide me any judgement of Court/High Court or any rules/regulation in this regard.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register