Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

adv sujith ayinippully   17 July 2015

whether accussed

Whether accussed is entitled to get copies of petitions filed in by police during investigation of a crime...pls reply

 2 Replies


Yes, the accused person is entitled to get a copy of the FIR registered against him on payment of the applicable legal fees. Let me explain it in detail.

The First Information Report (FIR) is registered by the police under the provisions of Section 154 of the Criminal Procedure Code (Cr.P.C.). Section 154(2) of the Cr.P.C. requires that a copy of the FIR should be given to the informant immediately after its registration; this provision is reproduced below:

“(2) A copy of the information as recorded under sub-section (1) shall be given forthwith, free of cost, to the informant.”

However, we are concerned here with supply of copy of FIR to the accused person, and not the informant.

adv sujith ayinippully   23 July 2015

Sir... I m concerned mainly with whether accussed is entitled to get copies of remand report. .pls reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query