Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

What is the remuneration of an advocate for filling divorce?

Hi Expets,

I am interested for divorcing my wife . I discussed with a lawyer for a fees of rs 10,000.

now my question is if the case prolonged to suppose 5 years do I have to pay some extra money to my lawyer?

Learning

4 Replies

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     28 October 2011

When u appoint a lawyer you must ask all inclusive bill in advance, with step by step payment schedule. If u have not done so then advocate will keep asking more and more on some reason or other. There r very few good , honest Advocates who ensure that matter is settled in time, they do not ask  for unnecessary adjournments  nor allowe opposite parties to take ride of slack and ever happy to give adjournments courts , they are always prepared for matter. Be careful if your advocate is asking for adjournments , letting otherside take unncessarily adjournments, is not prepared when it his turn to argue etc.  means he is sold out and it is time to change him. 

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     28 October 2011

Dear jamnalal

its based on your contract with your lawyer, if lawyer not demanding extra fees then no need but according to legal system once you pay a fees the turn is three years and it is mentioned in Vakalatnama.(But not in All)

(Guest)

whatever take in writing with receipts and all inclusive full and final... then you will come to know whether he is a true advocate... his intention is 10k per year... judge decide the term of your divorce... good luck...

(Guest)

Thanks all for your valuable replies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register