Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kavitha SG (Housework)     08 August 2015

What is the period to file 498a complaint ?

Respected Experts...

Can you please clarify...Is there any perticular required time period to launch the complaint for 498a...???

Thanking you...!!!

Learning

7 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     09 August 2015

query is vague.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     09 August 2015

There is no time frame for the 498A to be disposed off.It depends on the conduct of the proceedings and the merits of either side.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 August 2015

There is no time period for launch a complaint. Finding fault with a woman who implicated the parents of her mother-in-law and the families of her husband's sisters currently residing abroad in a dowry harassment case under section 498 A of the IPC, the high court has issued certain guidelines to the state police to enforce the anti-dowry law. One of the main directions given is not to arrest the accused involved in dowry harassment cases without securing the permission of the district SP or any other officer of the equal rank in metropolitan cities.

FightForCause (Businessman)     11 August 2015

Hi Author,

If the FIR contents have all incidents mentioned which are past 3 years from the date of complaint then i believe the FIR comes under ambit of period of limitation u/s 468 of Crpc.

I will like to know the views of experts here.

I am not a lawyer and not enough knowledge on the said subject, so kindly have second advises from experts.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     11 August 2015

As long as they are husband and wife according to law,498A can be launched  any time during this period.The law of limitation does not apply to this query.

Kavitha SG (Housework)     11 August 2015

Respected Experts...

Thank you...!!!

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2015

agreed with Mr Devalla, I will add tht the criminal liability under 498a will not extinguish with divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register