Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vilash (NA)     03 December 2012

What if in laws harrash after the divorce file?

Hi All Experts...

I want to file the Divorce case to be seperated from my husband and in laws because they all harrased me a lot... Mentally and Physically, But I havn't file any police case against them.  And I am also not having more evidences for proof but it is the fact that they have harrased me.

I went many times to my parent's home, but as my parents are poor they sent me back.  They also want that I have to go my husband's home.  But I don't want it.  Now I want to live seperate and want to file the divorce case.  But I am afraid of that after the divorce case, if they came to my rented home and may harrase me even also they may bring my parents's pressure on me.

So please give your expert and valuable guidance i.e. legal advise for the following:

1) What to do if they may harrase or force me even after filing the divorce case??

2) What to do if they may bring pressure to me via my parents after the divorce case?

3) If I don't want any maintenance or other property benefits from them, then how much time will it take for the divorce??

4) Can I get my 2 children after the divorce or before filing the divorce case??

Hoping for your kind and early legal advise....

Regards...

Learning

2 Replies

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     03 December 2012

For getting your self safe from any pressure and harassment, you can move application for protection order under Domestic Violence Act.

If your husband is not ready for divorce and you file for contested divorce, it will take some time time and will not be a short six months procedure, whether you seek maintenance or not.

As far as child is concerned, if you take them with you when you move away in your rented accomodation, your in laws can not take them forcefully, rather they will have to move for custody petition in court. You and your children can enjoy protection order from DV Act.

https://aegisjurist.com

https://facebook.com/aegisjurist

rajiv_lodha (zz)     03 December 2012

Best way to put an easy end 2 all these sufferings at the earlist is MCD

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register