Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rana (None)     09 August 2013

What if cheques bounced on last day of its validity

Hello Sir,

I was given a Cheque by a education consultancy, which bounced on last day of its validity ie Cheque was expiring on 30th of July and it bounced on the same day.

As I understand I should send a letter to the party demanding the money within a month of Cheque has bounced,
But is it possible for me to issue the letter now since the validity of the Cheque has expired,and I cannot present the Cheque in the bank again.

What are my option in this situation please guide me.

Regards.

Learning

5 Replies

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     09 August 2013

You need to send a notice to the drawer of the cheque demanding the cheque amount within 30 days from the date of your knowledge of dishonour.

As you mentioned, cheque was dishonoured on 30th July.  If it is of the year 2013, you are within time other wise not.  

Once it is dishonoured within the period of its validity, it is immaterial whether it is valid or not either for issuing notice or for filing criminal complaint.

Consult an advocate to issue notice to avoid hassles rather than sending letter on your own.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     09 August 2013

Yes,send notice to drawer of cheque within 30 days of it's dishonour intimation and demand the cheque amount.If  darwee fails to make payment within 15 days of receipt of notice then file complaint in court.

1 Like

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     09 August 2013

Send legal notice as advised by other Advocates Sridhar and Bhartesh

1 Like

Rana (None)     11 August 2013

Thanks to every one for their valuable advice.

Reagrds.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 August 2013

bouncing is bouncing ebven if on the last day of validity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register