LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul BANK (Asst. Manager)     02 November 2014

What happens if i leave bank job in probaion

Hi brief history about me. Earlier I worked with an IT firm for 24 months, I resigned and received every document and financial benefits. Later on I joined a public sector bank in month of may 2014. I do not wish to continue this job as this is not the job I was expecting. 

I worked here for 5 months and now want to resign. There is no bond, but I have signed offer letter (which is attached ) and it is mentioned there that if  I resign during probation period which is of 2 months then I will have to pay training cost (TA/ DA, training expenses and other expenses). They have a notice period of three months.

My queries are:

1. There is no bond and no stamp paper was signed or agreement was made, ( the only document I signed was offer letter, attached). So if I resign with three months of notice period and do not pay the penalty mentioned in offer letter, can they sue me in court of law??

2. If I abscond, then what can be the consequences of it on my career if I try to join any other govt. sector.

3. Original reliving letter from previous employer was submitted to bank, I have its scanned copy and xerox copy, and also have original experience certificate and pay slips. Can I get job based on this docs??

I have signed only the offer letter and nothing else. I am ready to pay back the TA /DA, but I am not in position to pay other expenses.

Request your expert opinion on this, and thanking in advance for the help provided.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 November 2014

If your probation period is of 2 months as posted by you then you have worked for>2months, hence you are not liable to refund training expenses. Don't absconded. It is misconduct. Consult Your Bank employee's unions and All India bank Union leaders. They can help to resolve your issues and make you comfortable in employment...

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     25 January 2015

Agree with above

Rahul BANK (Asst. Manager)     25 January 2015

Sorry for mistake....probation period is not two months but its 2 years

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register