LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthic (Proprietor)     12 December 2012

Website company not completing the work after getting advanc

One of the website company in Chennai agreed to create a website for me per my requirements some 25 days back. They promised to finish the work in10 days. It's been more than 20 days and they are not giving any proper answers. Everytime, I have to call them for status and wait for them, they never behaved like responsible for my project. I have already paid 35% of the payment as an advance income.

Now I want to make a complaint against them for the following reasons:

1.Delaying the project.

2.Not showing any responsibility.

3.CEO of the company, rather than completing the project, talking ill about my status, job, etc., I'm highly hurt because of this.

I have all the documents, communication mails, etc., What will be the right step to do now?

Learning

2 Replies

Santosh Sharda (self)     14 December 2012

The period is too short and unsubstantial for proceeding legally for any remedy unless you can prove that time was of the essence and a time period was fixed (otherwise the delay should be substantial),  in which case the dispute can be filed before a consumer forum for deficiency in service.

If you are so concerned, then the best remedy is to give a notice for refund, alongwith penal interest from that date (due to the delay), and also mention therein that you are proceeding to get the website done from some other party after waiting for a period that you give (it should be reasonable) and that the present party will be responsible for any loss (financial...eg more cost), that you may face,

You may not have sufficient proof for insults etc to go against him.

Karthic (Proprietor)     14 December 2012

Originally posted by : Santosh Sharda

You may not have sufficient proof for insults etc to go against him.

Hi, thanks for your reply. You are right, I have no proofs for his insults. But I have received a quote from them initially in which it's described as the total time would be 10 days and in reality, it's 25 days already. Won't this be enough to send them a consumer notice?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register