Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Want to marry but having some problem

Hello 

My name is Sandip, I want to marry my girl friend but the problem is her father has hide all her legal documents, so we cant marry in court. We want to marry legally so can any one suggest what should we do to get married. Is any law regarding such issue. Can any one help us or give some idea or suggestion what to do next.

Learning

6 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 May 2013

1. Yes remedy is there provided she is 18 and you are 21 years and not fall under spainda relations and have capacity to give - take each other for marriage.
If she is Graduate person then she might have submitted Certified (True) Xerox Copy of her DOB / 10th. Certificate + 12th. Certificate in a Institution from where she passed her Graduation.
Shoot RTI Applicaiton to her Institution to supply her (at your c/o address) true certified as per Rules Copy of the same. RTI reply is considered as Evidence in a Court of law.
4. Then ask (accompany) her to file a GD entry Report in her Police Station that she has lost her Election Card. Take True Certified copy of the GD Entry Report. Proceed to Jurisdiction Election Commissions Office for Issue of Lost Election Card. Now-a-days they issue by hand which she can collect in - person from their Office.
5. Using all of above Court Marriage can be done as she will have DOB + Address Proof details which are two most important documents in reference to brief.   

(Guest)

Thanks for reply

If we shoot RTI Applicaiton to her insitute than it might a chance that college can call her father if it happens than it will be problem for us.

What does GD means, The main thing is if any thing will arrive at her place than her father will be active about this things, so if we can get in some other address or direct in hand than it will be good for us, She has not applied for voting card so can she get new voting card direct in hand. 

One of my friend has suggest me about applied for pen card with change of address so the pen card will be receive at my place. So is it possible to do such thing is it legal or not.

What if we go for arya samaj what are the proceedure for marriage there and is it legal and aproved by court?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 May 2013

1. The reply to an RTI Application is made to mentioned address. It is against RTI Act to ask / question a Applicant before making reply. RTI Act works on simple principles; information asked if PIO has it must be supplied PERIOD

2. I am sorry I have very very old PAN Card so I am not good at knowing if now-a-days new issued PAN Card comes with address as mine does not have any address. In reference to your question under this head it is legal to inform and seek change of address PAN card. However PAN Card is not used in Courts in relation to Marriage Registration !  

3. Even if openning lines of para 2 seems to be correct now-a-days and delivery is sought at your address then she still need True certified Copy of her DOB and DOB mentioned in PAN card is not considered as 'conclusive proof'.

4. Arya Samaj Marriage certificate is a valid Marriage certificate. But since 2006 all marriages as per guidelines of Hon’ble SC is to be Registered so even if Arya Samaj Marriage done it still needs to be Registered and for the same she still needs her DOB.

5. GD stands for General Diary Entry.

6. Duplicate or Copy of Birth Certificate can also be got via RTI route and for the same in police GD Entry Report it should be mentioned that I lost my original DOB. IF for the same RTI route is not to be followed then by making personal visit to the concerned Authority Office one can seek the same filing few documents / affidavits along with School leaving Certificate + all these needs to be attested by a Gazetted Officer.

7. Atleast in
Delhi
people get by hand Voters Card. Check locally status if this brief is not from Delhi NCR.

She can bypass lot of earlier advice and above once if she has true certified DOB and you cna show her tenant in your name Registered Home via a Court Registered Rent Agreement and the Registered rent Agreement is valid proof of once address. So basically she needs ot have two documents; DOB + Address proof and there pops marriage followed by Registration thereof provided all these and associated Forms / docs. are attested by a Gazetted Officer. 

[Off the records; if you are so worried that if you people do this then that will happen then my suggestion would be to drop the idea of marriage via route. Instead send your parents to her house and seek from her parents her hand, atleast you will come to know straight YES or NO and may be all these may not need to have been done OR better to find another clear lady r/w clear family who donot have such restrictions even before a marriage takes place. Reason being in today’s fast life people do not have time for all these old school romance and runaway bride stuffs!]

[Last reply]

dv (ghvhb)     03 May 2013

Tajobs sir, Can sandip obtain a copy of her birth certificate from municipal office. Of course he may have to grease some palm. Alternatively from the hospital. Either from school or college leaving certificate. @Sandip Tajobs sir suggestions are foolproof and you won't get a more solid opinion. Or solution.

(Guest)

@Querist,

What legal documents of your probable sweaty has been hidden by your most-improbable father-in-laws?

Before,I could make any further comment,it's highly desirable.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     08 July 2013

I dont agree fully with NEED JUSTICE.

If girl in love and is above 18 and if the boy is good,

there is no question of gaddari.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register