Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin Max (Student)     15 April 2012

Want live in relationship details

Can any one help me to give me following details:

1. What is the legal age of both genders for Live In relationship in India????? I am 20 yrs old

2. Do we need to register our relationship details in family court like other do for marriage certificate????

3. Do we need any certificate from govt. to proof that we our in relationship.

4. If we have to register our detials then, where we should go to register it in Mumbai, pls give me address and processor detials if any one has those detials to me.

Learning

6 Replies

Vishwa (translator)     15 April 2012

Live-in relationships are considered same as marriage subject to certain conditions and the supreme court has laid down these criteria. I do not have them off-hand but you can find the details somewhere...

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     15 April 2012

There is no need to register live-in relationship.

However, you both are too young to dabble in such an affair.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     15 April 2012

I follow Shonee Sir's opinoin.

satya (Manager)     16 April 2012

live in relationship not recongnised by Govt of india. No dobout we may live together. Govt made provisions in domestic violence act that if aany female proves the live in relationship then she may file complain in DV ACt. May be slowly there may be institution who will register live in relationship also.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     16 April 2012

YES U CAN, legal age for consent is 16 yrs in india , no law can stop u.

why u want to register it? ---- aa bail muje maar? if u think seriously about registering type things and all then u may face the music.

Nitin Max (Student)     16 April 2012

Thanks a lot to respected personalities, Sir thanks for advice, i am happy to hear good instant response from you all

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register