Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RaGurujiRa (ABC)     20 November 2013

Verification of preemployment history

Hello All,

I worked in an pvt. company (not mnc) for 1 yr (bond period is 2 yrs and notice period is 2 months) and left that company as i got a central govt. job. Now I have no contact with that pvt. company and also they dont bother about me (I dont want any experience letter or relieving letter from them). But I send my resignation (i have a copy as a proof!) before leaving that pvt. company job. Now in the central govt. job, the authorities asked me fill a attestation form and a questionnaire form. To avoid suppression of facts, for sure i will mention my previous pvt. company job details in the form including the address and joining and leaving date. Now my worry is that will the authorities will check my previous employment details with my ex-pvt. company? For sure if they contact they will give a bad remark (they can say about 2yr service bond??) about me!! But during interview for central govt. job it seems that i need to give a relieving letter to central govt. authorities...But it is difficult to obtain and for sure they wont give me (they will ask at least 2 lakhs)..I have 10 days time to fill those forms..(shall i say that my previous company is hesitating to give me a relieving letter (in case if they ask in the future)? will it be okay..) I got this govt. job because of my qualifications and not because of the previous experience..

Please advice!!

Many thanks.

Learning

30 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2013

Govt dettts do not check details of past previous private service.  Even if the e.q. is experience they see experience certificate only which in your case it appears that is not required.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2013

Mr. Ra...,

The experience certificate, CTC and relieving letter are all a criterion only with the private companies when you intend to shift from one to another.  This private company's experience or relieving letter has got nothing to do with the Government job because you have not been employed on that basis so there will be no fault even if you do not mention about your previous employment in private sector while filling up the requisite form.  Better avoid a mention about the same.

RaGurujiRa (ABC)     20 November 2013

Hello Mr Sudhir, Hello Mr Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for your reply. Seems that they wont contact my previous office (if this is the case then there wont be any problem). Now they know that I already worked in a pvt. company. During interview I told them, also while applying for the govt. job i clearly mentioned that i am working in a pvt company..Also mentioned the address of it. Otherwise I would have hide it in the attestation form. Anyway let me wait after sending the filled attestation form. I also assume that police wont check my previous employment record.

thanks.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 November 2013

govt officials do not have faltoo time for verifying irralevent facts and then landing in trouble for doing ultra-virus acts.

bitopan   12 April 2016

Hello Mr Ra. Can you please tell me what happened with ur verification after that. Did they contact previous employer. I am in exactly same situation now. Thank you

RaGurujiRa (ABC)     13 April 2016

Hi bitopan:

Nothing happened! Police called me and asked me to bring 2 persons from my locality with their IDs..these 2 persons said that I am a good person. But the recruetment department of my current government job asked me to give the relieving letter..I told them that I will give..Almost 3 yrs over..until now I did not give..also they forgot about it..

Pvt. to Govt. is harmless..so no worries..ope it helps

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 April 2016

If you have mentioned employment history in job application, interview, attestation form then you have acted properly.

If you have copy of resignation and proof of disptach and delivery then it is good and if you have resigned then you have not absconded.Upon reciept of resignation it is prerogative and responsibility of employer to supply desired communication (if any) by effective mode of communication, on acceptance/declinature of resignatin/to complete handover/NOC/NDC/exit formalities if any and supply the FnF statement/dues, service certificate etc to outgoing employee.

Releiving letter signfies that employee has separated (by resignation in your case) and nothing is due against the employee.

If all these years employer has not communicated anything pending at your end then now ' Nothing should be claimed as pending'.

However if there is anything pending at the end of employer e.g.  FnF statement/dues, service certificate, relieving letter, Form16, PF a/c statament etc then you can demand to supply these.

You have a right to get all of these.

Rather you have a need and reason to get and be relieved from any apprehensions. Later if yuo require for any reason the employer may claim the very old record is not available!

You have not mentioned the establishment is Commercial or Industrial, you were in which state, your designation, nature of duties, applicablity of standing orders (Model/Certified) to your designation, service rules/employee handbook/exit policy of the employer etc.....

If you confirm on the above some inpus might be possible.

bitopan   15 April 2016

Thnks everyone for your kind opinion .

MOHAMMAD ALI (colleg)     28 June 2016

What about when candidate hide his previous private job which leads to further hiding of place of residence for last 5 years..will it not create complication

MOHAMMAD ALI (colleg)     28 June 2016

What about when candidate hide his previous private job which leads to further hiding of place of residence for last 5 years..will it not create complication

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 June 2016

It can.

Depends upon the view taken by concernede authority in private/Govt establishment.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 June 2016

Originally posted by : MOHAMMAD ALI

state a problem with facts of the case.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 June 2016

The new author could have used a different thread to post his query in a detailed manner so that the lawyers/experts can post their proper opinion/advises to the query.

somu   03 September 2016

Hi friend ... I am also facing same kind of problem... I have to fill attestation form... I have private job experience but no experience certificates... Also my govt job dosent need any experience... Should I write my previous private employment or write not applicable due to inability to produce certificate.... Please help me...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register