LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

stimulai (law)     19 July 2014

Validity of child marriage and legal age of consent

Hey i am 35 year old healthy indian converted muslim . I have plans to get married to my girl friend , she is of 15 year healthy girl . Our marriage will be regsitered under muslim perconal act or shariah and kikahnama will be issued by qazi.  As our religion gives freedom to marry a girl once she hits puberty , can i challenge any action taken  under PCMA  act in near future. As under crpc act 2013 , age of conesnt for married girl is 15 , so is there any issue if she becomes pregnant before 18 , as its a offence under posco act. Can i file petition in supreme court about our marriage , with both our consent ( including her parents ) , to issue a  certificate of guarantee that we will not be llegally harrassed by anyone in the future ( as its a offence under secular law ) . 

Learning

1 Replies

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     22 July 2014

Better to wait till she attains 18 years. coz 15 is immature age and cannot decide her well.

and you seems very expert. So i think you will handle the situation in near future also.

Dont spoil her life else she will do the same with you

whenever she will get any chance or found some other young boy.

Good Luck.

Regards

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register