LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arunachalam (Studebt)     28 December 2014

Vacating a tenant



We rented our house in madurai to a wrong a person on a 24 months lease. we has not paid rent for 16 months, his lease ends in 4 months. We have filed a case on our behalf but nothing is happening. what are the main actions we should follow now. can he stay even after the lease is over without paying rent ? how does the law favor the tenant ? 



 2 Replies

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     29 December 2014

It is not clear before which forum your case is pending. The tenant cannot be evicted unless he is directed by a competent court to vacate the building. You should prsue your case properly. If necessary,engage some other lawyer.

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     29 December 2014

A person cannot overstay after the lease period. You should obtain order from the court to vacate him legally. You can also collect mense profit for the illegal stay in your house.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query