Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Use of recording devices in court proceedings

Page no : 2

Jainodin shaikh (Lawyer)     12 February 2009

Nokia series S60(symbian) handsets can be use as handheld computer. I have nokia N70. It has some software for world and pdf files, dictionaries, 50+ bare acts, internet facility. I had make an application to our district judge for granting me permission to use my mobile handset as a computer in the court; but unfortunatly it is rejected for the reason that it has recording ability that can prove dangerous to the courts privicy. Laptop is permitted in the court then why handsets are banned?

Jainodin shaikh (Lawyer)     12 February 2009

Nokia series S60(symbian) handsets can be use as handheld computer. I have nokia N70. It has some software for world and pdf files, dictionaries, 50+ bare acts, internet facility. I had make an application to our district judge for granting me permission to use my mobile handset as a computer in the court; but unfortunatly it is rejected for the reason that it has recording ability that can prove dangerous to the courts privicy. Laptop is permitted in the court then why handsets are banned?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     13 February 2009

The said judge may allow you to use your handsets but may refused you to use your landline telephone also.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     13 February 2009

Well, judicial proceeding are public proceedings. So, there cannot be any objection to the rcording of the procceding by whatever means, unless until it interfere with the administration of justice.

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     15 February 2009

If our judicial system is really transparent , there should be no problem in allowing the recording of judicial proceedings.

T.KALAIMANI (Lawyer)     14 February 2011

My Dear Learned friends, The innovative idea for the installation of Voice recorders in Courts as suggested by our learned friend Thanajay would make the judiciary transperant  which is the need of the hour. Every citizen/person in India are slowly losing faith in their uprightness and it is revealed by someway in most of the letters addressed in support of Mr.Thanajay. Yes. The top Court may suo motto take up the cause - Advocate.T.Kalaimani, Chennai.

Robert Johnson   04 February 2021

Thank you for sharing this information. Your blog is really I like the quality of content written by your writers. Do share on social media. Sharing valuable content is always a good way to enhance knowledge. 333 meaning

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register