LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raghu (some)     16 August 2011

Urgent - Owner asked to vacate flat

Dear sir,


I am a common man living in a rented flat at hyderabad.The owner of the flat has total 4 flats in the apartments.I live in the 6th floor which dont have permission to construct.No building regularisation is done.He raised the rent amount by 10 % which comes to 8000/ which i pleaded as i called him and he said to vacate his flat immeadiately.He works in andhra pradesh secretariat.I want to go legal.pls advice me whom i shall approach.shall i approach consumer court or any other?.I heard that tenants got 6 months period to vacate.pls give me advice as soon as possible as i need to defend my rights.


thanks in advance.

Raghu A.M


 8 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     16 August 2011

you approach a lawyer, then tell me aforesaid story, then he will send the notice to the flat owner, you can file a case RCOP.

1 Like

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     16 August 2011

If any documents made between u, u can contact local lawyer and give a legal notice by Advocate for vacant this premises.

1 Like

raghu (some)     16 August 2011

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for responding to my query.I shall do according to your advice.i didnt have any Documents made between us.At the time of joining in his house I insisted to write some documentation which was rejected by the there any problem?


thanks a lot gentlemen.:)

raghu (some)     16 August 2011

He will not issue rent receipt since the day i occupied the flat.It may be because he wants to hide the rent figure from public authorities and  IT department for fear of increased taxes.

Kasim Kheruwala (Advocate)     16 August 2011

You need to prove your lawful occupancy first to get relief from Court.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     16 August 2011

you must be having some documets to prove your residence , that will be enough for the court.

1 Like

Nagesh......... (Engineer)     16 August 2011

Hi Raghu,

Legal advice from Lawer is the one thing. But other way if u see, how it matters for you whether he has got permission to construct or not. You are not purchasing this.  Only your concern is whether the rent is 8000  or 8800.

I suggest not to complicate this and resolve in a smart way

laxminarayana (Advocate)     17 August 2011

you can contact the local advocate and he will guide you

for any assistance call :9849711654   Advocate High court of AP

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query