LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

H. PRAKASH   22 December 2016

Unregistered sale agreement

I agreed to sell the immovable property in tamilnadu. Agreement duration: 3 months, instrument: 50 Rs unregistered stamp paper, conditions: buyer must settle the balance amount within the time. If he fails, advance will not be refunded and he cannot claim the right to fulfill the sale deed. If seller denies or fails to fulfill the agreement in said three months, buyer having right to deposit the money in court and right to reduct the court fees from the balance amount by specific performance act. But, now said three months expired, buyer asked me to fulfill the agreement after 20 days from expired time. I denied to register sale deed. But i am ready to repay the advance amount. What are the solutions available to me? Buyer can register the document after the expiration of agreement period Without my presence?

Learning

3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     22 December 2016

Both party need to present before the registrar for registing the sale deed.

After expiry period it can be registered provide above cndition to be full filled.

Will u appreciate this answer by giving like on my LCI proifle?

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 December 2016

If you are still interested to sale the said property to the buyer, you can. But if you are not interested return his amount under proper acknowledgement or file  a petition stating the facts and you are ready to return the advance amount for cancellation of unregistered agreement.

H. PRAKASH   29 December 2016

Thank you experts

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register