New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chinmayimnk (student)     16 August 2011

Unregistered power of attorney

Dear sir,

My father has given power of attorney to his chairman and manager in a cooperative bank in karnataka which was not registered. Still the bank officials have sold the proprty  without taking into account of we the major children. Is this a crime? can we put a criminal case on them. whether the sold property without registered PA is valid?? What action do we can take?? plz suggest...we are in great confusion..looking forward for your answer...


 2 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     16 August 2011

You can serve a legal notice and thereafter can file civil suit as well as criminal case if your titled propety has illegally been sold by those bank officials.

1 Like

chinmayimnk (student)     16 August 2011

thanku sir..

but there are few complications.

Those bank officials have threatened my father and took a writing from him on a stamp paper stating that he will pay for the misappropriated money in that cooperative bank. There are 3 people involved in this misappropriation of money for which my father has all documents.

some are showing my father also involved. But bank fellows recovered most the money from my dad even if other 2 people are involved and they did not bother to send a notice also to other 2 people.

They sent dad back from bank threatening him.They did not give suspension order or any notice till date. They took PA (not registered) forcibly from him and converted our agricultural land into NA, made sites and sold most of them to recover the money.Now they want to recover all the money frm dad even if other 2 people are involved and the documents clearly show their involvement. They are not allowing dad to take money from his own account in that bank. We are greatly harassed.

Plz suggest something...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register