LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHUBHADEEP BANERJEE (C.R.A)     07 November 2013

U/s 25 of special marriage act.

Recently I have got the order of null and void, under Special Marriage Act 25. The last page order of Additional District Judge, 1st Track Court, Paschim Medinipur is as follows.......................

" That the instant matrimonial suit be and the same is decree on contest against the respondent (me) without Cost. The petitioner do get a decree of declaration that the marriage registered on 20.05.2011under Special Marriage act is null and void and not binding upon the parties. The certificate of marriage between the parties dated 20.05.2011 under the Special Marriage Acts stands cancelled."

My question is on 20.05.2011, my registered marriage took place and on 20.06.2011 my social marriage or social rituals took place. Now according to law my special marriage has been declared null and void on ground of non consummation and willful refusal. 

1. Is there is any existence of Social Marriage or Social Rituals which was held on one month after the special marriage i.e. 20.06.2013.

2. So will I am eligible for another marriage? with another girl according to law?

Learning

1 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     07 November 2013

Dear Querist

after solemnized the marriage under special marriage act the marriage solemnized under rites & rituals are void ab initio so no need to worry, you can re-marry again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register