LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LPRajendraKumar (Advocate speciatised in Service Tax)     20 December 2013

Two pan numbers

An  assessee has two PAN number with different date of births and different names. He is filing I T return on one PAN number only. The assessee applied for cancellation of one PAN among other. The concerned ITO is not responding.

My question is " What are the consequenses of the above issue and what is solution to the assessee?"


 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 December 2013

Immediately he has to block the card and surrender with a covering letter and proper acknowledge. Otherwise it is criminal case.

1 Like

LPRajendraKumar (Advocate speciatised in Service Tax)     21 December 2013

Sir, already letter has given in May'2013 , but the concerned ITO has not taken any action still today.


You have to surrender  your "extra" PAN to the authority by whom it has been issued.


If you have submitted it to the concerned ITO; then submit a copy of the same to the concerned authority.


Since ITO is not the concerned authority to issue a PAN, hence he is unable to take right action thereon.


Hope you have "photo copy" of that PAN Card. That must be attached with the application to the authority togetherwith a copy of the letter given to the ITO.


For authorities address; you may find it from the LETTER issued on which PAN CARD is affixed.

2 Like

Mahesh V.P. (Advocate)     31 December 2013

You should apply with NSDL or UTIISL in a PAN Card correction Form. In which Item No.11, you can mention the PAN inadvertently allotted to you for surrender. ITO's can cancel your number but most of them are reluctant to do it.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register