LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Maheshwari   22 September 2017

Travel abroad if filled property case against someone

My in-laws has filled 2 property cases against his father for which he has to go to court for hearing almost every month. Now, he want to travel to USA on B2 visa for around 3 to 4 months. He has got the visa stamped. So, my question is that can he travel with you any issue or there is any legal permission he has to take from someone for travel?

Learning

4 Replies

Gaurav Maheshwari   22 September 2017

My in-laws has filled 2 property cases against his father for which he has to go to court for hearing almost every month. Now, he want to travel to USA on B2 visa for around 3 to 4 months. He has got the visa stamped. So, my question is that can he travel without any issue or there is any legal permission he has to take from someone for travel?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 September 2017

He may ask his/her lawyer if he/she can be represented by thru POA or thru his/her lawyer, per facts and details of the case.

P. Venu (Advocate)     22 September 2017

The facts posted suggests that the pending matter is civil proceedings. It is not necessary that, in a civil case, the parties need to be present in every hearing unless appearing party-in-person. Their presence is required only if specifically called by the court or while giving evidence. Even in such cases, absence of 3 0r 4 months could be taken care by the advocate.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 October 2017

nothing more can be advised on the given facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register