Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh_ (Manager)     13 September 2013

Transfer of share secretary sign enough or society stamp req

Dear Respected Members,

I have a questioned for you and need your help.

I have a flat in a co operative housing society in Mumbai. My self and my wife were joined holders initially with my name being the first. Due to mutual agreement, my wife has transferred her share to mine. On the share certificate, the new name is only mine. In the share certificate, the society gave me after completing the transfer, there is my name and sign of 3 people( The Secretary, the chairman and an authorised M.C. member).

However there is no stamp of the society on the place where the secretary signs. In the society that I stay, whenever there is a transfer along with the secretayr's signature there is also a stamp of the society during each time the shares of the flat are transferred.

I asked the office person for the stamp of the society on the share certificate near the secretary's signature for our current transfer and he says some societies do it but it is not at all required and the 3 signatures of the secretary, the chariman and an MC member without the society stamp are more than enough for your complete legal ownership of the flat.

Is this true?

Please clarify if this is true. Are these 3 signatures without the stamp of the society enough to legally transfer the ownership of the flat?

Or do I need the society stamp for the transfer of the flat to be legal?

Thanks everyone for reading and your help.

Learning

1 Replies

Rajesh_ (Manager)     13 September 2013

just wanted to clarify that the society I stay in is different from this society in which my name transfer has taken place.

Your input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register