LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S S Raghav (IT Professional)     21 June 2011

Transfer of Property

My mother in law want to give me some agriculture land. My wife is the only daughter of her. If I goes to make sale deed  for it , cost would be around 5 Lakh. I am not in such position to bear this amount. Mother-in-law's other family members are opposing it and want to keep this property with them. I want to know how can I get this land on my /my wife name which can not be challenged in future after the death of mother-in-law. She already have make registered will , but chances are it will be challenged in court by her family member after her. What prevention I should take ? Please advice.

Learning

1 Replies

Law $ aam (Executive)     22 June 2011

If u have a registered will infavour of ur wife then its OK. when will will be challanged then u have to prove the will which needed the help of witness;s , writer's  in court. u take acertified copy of will from registrar's office & consult a good lawyer for any flaw in will.

Also chek the name of ur mother in law in revenue record for the said agriculteral land. it must be in registered in ur mother in law's name. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register