Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dharmendra Kumar (CEO- Marketing & Sales Promotion)     20 July 2011

Transfer of Part land in the joint name (both are brother)

Dear Sir,

Currently I have a land of 3000 sq meter in the name of my mother. Out of which 1500 sq meter of land has been already used by constructing house on it.

Now we are planning to get housing loan from bank to build up three storey house on rest 1500 square meter. I have one more brother and he also agrees with my plan. Now we want to get that land into my and my brother (joint) name, so that we can opt housing loan.

Please suggest me the procedure of getting that land into our name. Please note that property is not ancestral. That has been purchased by my father in the name of my mother.

I will look forward for your kind input in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Dharmendra Kumar

Director

Girija Solution & Services.

Learning

3 Replies

suresh (Advocate)     20 July 2011

Dear Mr.Kumar,

You mother can execute a registered gift deed in favour of you and your brother, after execution of the gift deed both of you will be the absolute owner of the property, after that you may execute your plans accordingly.

Regards

Suresh.N.V.

Advocate 

Dharmendra Kumar (CEO- Marketing & Sales Promotion)     20 July 2011

Thank you for the quick response.

Could you please suggest to whom I would approach for getting registered gift deed. Either I have to approach Registrar or normal court.. And is there any registry fee I have to submit as a revenue charges.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     20 July 2011

U approach Registrar  for that. Yes, Registration fee will be pay at the time of registration the Gift Deed. After Registration the Gift Deed u obtain a plan pass copy of your house to the Authority.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register