LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RANJITSINGH   05 May 2018

transfer of owner name after sale a vehicle

In December I sold my car , still that person has not transferred that car on his name, so is there any law regarding the period for transferring the name? Secondly if any thing happened wrong who will be responsible now? third if he doesn't not transfer car on his name what action can I take for my safety.
thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     05 May 2018

Owner of the vehicle is responsible for anything which happens with car (As transfer has not taken place you are the owner now). Get your car transfer as soon as possible.

If he is not responding to your normal communication send him legal notice.

1 Like

RANJITSINGH   06 May 2018

what legal action I can take against him?

Rahul kandharkar (Freelance Editor Legal Consultant Author.)     08 May 2018

According to the Indian Motor Vehicle (IMV) Act 50, the transferor has to intimate the Regional Transport Offices (RTO) within 1 Tansferor and the transferee should file an application before the change of ownership and forms have been provided for the purpose. The transferor is required to fill Form 29 while the transferee is required to fill in the Form 304 days of the transfer of ownership. Similarly the Act also instructs the transferee to inform the RTO about the change in vehicle ownership and produce all the required documents within 30 days of the transfer.  Send a legal Notice stating the responsiblity of the owner of the new vehicle and abslove yourself. there is a very less chance u being not responsible.

According to the Indian Motor Vehicle (IMV) Act 50, the transferor has to intimate the Regional Transport Offices (RTO) within 1 Tansferor and the transferee should file an application before the change of ownership and forms have been provided for the purpose. The transferor is required to fill Form 29 while the transferee is required to fill in the Form 304 days of the transfer of ownership. Similarly the Act also instructs the transferee to inform the RTO about the change in vehicle ownership and produce all the required documents within 30 days of the transfer.  Send a legal Notice stating the responsiblity of the owner of the new vehicle and abslove yourself. there is a very less chance u being not responsible.

According to the Indian Motor Vehicle (IMV) Act 50, the transferor has to intimate the Regional Transport Offices (RTO) within 1 month, Tansferor and the transferee should file an application before the change of ownership and forms have been provided for the purpose. The transferor is required to fill Form 29 while the transferee is required to fill in the Form 304 days of the transfer of ownership. Similarly the Act also instructs the transferee to inform the RTO about the change in vehicle ownership and produce all the required documents within 30 days of the transfer.  Send a legal Notice stating the responsiblity of the owner of the new vehicle and abslove yourself. there is a very less chance u being not responsible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register