FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anubhav Malik   22 August 2020

Transfer of cheque bounce case to different state

I have filed 138 u/s NI ACT in District court in Tamil Nadu.( 4 cheques , 4 Cases Total amount 6 Lacs ) .  Accused lives in Delhi and case is still at Summons Stage since 2 years (He did not received summons even once) and replies "Left the address" but he/his family lives in the same address (Parental Property)

Now , Because of job, I have to shift to Chandigarh now ( It is near to Delhi ) , Can I transfer my case to Chandigarh or Delhi Court?

Some Advocates say Yes, Some say No.


If yes , Under which provision and Section ? And tell procedure and fees to transfer it I will pay.


 3 Replies

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     22 August 2020

Do not waste your time in trying for the case transfer. As you have lost already 2 years.

You can appoint a private detective to find where the person is.

After tracing him get the summons served through Regd Post or through  an advocate commissioner.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 August 2020

The case(s) can be transferred by Supreme Court of India under Article 139 of the Constitution of India read with Section 406 CrPC and Order XXXIX of Supreme Court Rules 2013  

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 August 2020

Yes, there are legal provisions for such transfer on sufficient causes. But certainly, the process is bound to be time-consuming and could be counter-productive as the accused is avoiding summons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query