LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M. Kannan (Consultant)     16 July 2011

Title deed missing while shifting the house

My friend in Tamilnadu has a site registered in his name. While shifting the house, he missed or lost the title deed. He does not have even the copy of the title deed. Now he wishes to sell that site. Without sale deed, registration not possible. Can he sell that site with the certified copy of the document? What he has to do now. Please reply. 


 4 Replies


Based on the registration/title deed particulars, apply for a certified copy from the Registrar's office on a nominal payment. Then issue a public notice in the local (large circulation) new paper. Based on this the site can be sold/registered. If the buyer wants further assurance an affidavit/indemnity may be executed setting out the facts. THe application for certified copy can be filed on-line in Tamilnady.


Adv. Sanjay (Lawyer)     17 July 2011


He need to get another copy from the concerned Sub-Registrar Office by filing an affidavit and on that he can sell the property.

kavi (lawyer)     17 July 2011


Frreind first give paper publication in any local daily and give a complaint to local police station where you lost the deed and get non traceble certificate. Unless the certificate of NOC is obtained the duplicate is not valid

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     29 July 2011

Mr. Kannan,   the  expert  Mr. V. Vasudevan is  right  along  with that   also  file a  police complaint   and  publishing  about  the missing  document in a  local  news paper  Ad  will be  the  perfect.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads