LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tousif Shaikh   22 June 2022

Thika tenancy

I am facing a big problem can anyone please help me out.

Querry:- My Great Grandfather became a Thika Tenant around in 1932.

Then my Grandfather along with his 2 brothers bought the said land from Zamindar in 1967 through a Registered Deed.

But due to having no knowledge of Settlement Records they were not able to change the necessary names from R. S. Record of Right.

Hence they didn't knew that there was a process to cut their names from Thika Tenancy with Thika Controller and officially become a Mourose Owner of the land.

Then came 1981 Thika Tenancy (Amendment) Acts, where all the surplus lands including Thika lands were taken from Zamindars and vested as State properties.

Now, R.S. Record of Rights was taken over by L.R. Record of Rights. 

As per L. R. Record of Rights (LR Porcha) it is mentioned that my Grandfather & 2 brothers are Mourose Owner (Real Owner of the said land & everything stand on the land) 

Now the problem:-  When we visited DL & LRO, Howrah to verify our ownership, they said that our Land vested with State Government & if you have the valid purchase documents then visit Thika Controller office and apply to cut your names as Thika Tenants.

Thika Controller asked for R. S. Porcha, and we applied for it in DL & LRO but they replied that it is not found.

This is my humble request to everyone who can answer please post any Judgement in support of your answer.

Thank you.

Learning

1 Replies

Anish Kumar (NA)     17 July 2022

Hi Tousif,

Did you get any further update on this. My matter is very very similar to yours

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register