LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

The Marriage Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2010

Page no : 11

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 January 2012

Best is to go for marital counselling by involving elders.


If no amicable way of staying together is possible then file for Mutual Consent Divorce.





Shonee Kapoor

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     23 April 2012

Thanks for sharing this

heral (house wife)     24 May 2012

sir, what  is the position of those couple who had taken divorece on stamp paper and later registetred that deed in sub registrar office by paying some fees., what about  their second marriage, is that marriage is legalaised?

pls advise. Thanks

Vishwa (translator)     24 May 2012

No divorce is valid unless presented before a competent court.  Divorce cannot be obtained on stamp paper before regitrar etc. A second marriage in this case will not be valid and will be cancelled automatically.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query