Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sharma7 (Private)     31 October 2014

Tenant eviction

Need help and reference

Dear All,

My grandfather had leased a shop in about 60 years ago which is now inherited by me. About 25 years back we and some of my neighboring shop owners received a notice from Corporation for road widening which we all took legal route and got a stay order. The said property was then bought by another person 20 years ago, who also has a shop in the vicinity and had received Road widening order. This person now claims that since his shop will go under road widening he wants us to evict the shop. He has also filed an eviction case.

Need advise from you all as to how do I approach this case

That shop is our only source of income. Failing which we will have to come on streets. Whereas the current landlord is very rich and apart from this property he also has several other properties and has a very strong political and underworld connection. Moreover the road widening has not taken place and not sure if it will ever take place.

My question

If the law asks us to evict because my landlord has used his bonafide requirement rights, then can I also buy an already leased property and use the same bonafide right and evict another tenant?

Genuine and trustworthy lawyers in Pune please respond.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register