Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajayhk17 (n/a)     10 May 2010


I am a tenant . i want to sell the property/transfer the property. But neither my landlord allowing me to transfer nor he is taking rent from me from past 8 years, What should i do to get rid of this property?



 6 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     10 May 2010

U can sell tenancy right with owenr"s concent.

srikanth kumar bandari (advocate)     10 May 2010

dear ajayhk17,

it is clear that you are tenant, but as a tenant you cannot sell the property at the same time you cannot transfer the property in favor of third parties without the consent/permission of your landlord.As far as rents are concerned you send the arrears of rents till date to your landlord through Money Order still if he refuses to take rents, then send a legal Notice through advocate stating delivery of possession of property and also ask his bank particulars so that you can deposit the rents in his bank account, still if he did not furnish the bank particulars, then you can approach the Court concerned of your state/area  and deposit the same in the Court. So please go a consult a Lawyer of your local area and discuss ur case. 

niranjan (civil practice)     10 May 2010

Your question is interesting. Usually it is the landlord who wants to get rid of the tenant,in your case you want to get rid of the tenanted premises. If you want to leave the premises,surrender the tenancy and handover the possession in writing.

ajayhk17 (n/a)     10 May 2010

But i wont get paid for the premises?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     11 May 2010

What do you mean by "I wont get paid for the permises"?

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     11 May 2010

Just handover hte possession to the owner and get rid of property.if all owner gives some amt for vacating accept it.nevertheless u have enjoyed the rent free house for 8 years.this amount  is already credited to ur a/c

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register