Upgrad LLM

tds not deposited by the company


I had filed my Income tax return for A.Y. 2015-16 in June 2015 and their is a tax credit mismatch showing under my Pan number since the company has not deposited TDS for two quarters for A.Y. 2015-16. I have approached the company and they are saying they would depsoit the TDS very soon.

Now i am liable to pay tax even though i am not at fault if company fails to pay tax which they had been assuring since last year. Please guide me whether income tax will issue demand note to me or send notice to the company. What should i do to make the company pay tds.



You may pay the tax along with the applicable interest and claim the same from the company as reimbursement. Also you need to serve  advance notice upon the company intimating them about payment being made by you on their behalf and recovery of dues along with applicable interest from them so that they do not raise dispute in future.



Adv. Rohit Dalmia






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x