FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek Mawle (x)     19 July 2012

Tax evasion petition

My mother had filed a tax evasion petition against our neighbor with the income tax department subsequently she also filed RTI to know the status of the same but the Assistant Director of Income tax has denied the information vide notification dt 27/03/2008 that office of director of income tax investigation is in the second schedule of RTI act hence provisons of RTI act are not applicable to his office as per sub section (1) of section 24 of RTI act.Please advise how can we get information.


 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 July 2012


If any person is unable to submit a request to a Central Public Information Officer 
either by reason that such an officer  has not been appointed by the concerned 
public authority; or the Central Assistant Central Public Information Officer has 
refused to accept his or her application or appeal for forwarding the same to the 
Central Public Information Officer or the appellate authority, as the case may be; 
or he has been refused access to any information requested by him under the RTI 
Act; or he has not been given a response to a request for information within the 
time limit specified in the Act; or he has been required to pay an amount of fee 
which he considers unreasonable; or he believes that he has been given 
incomplete, misleading or false information, he can make a compliant to the 
Central Information Commission. 

R RAJAGOPALAN (ADVOCATE)     15 August 2012

Your query is:'Please advise how can we get information.'

Reply: You have to file an appeal to the Additional Director of income Tax mentioned in para-3 of the Assistant Director.

More than getting the information, probably you want action taken against your neighbour. For that you have to specific details, rather than raise vague allrgations as done in your TEP.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query