LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohini (housewife)     28 March 2018

Tanent law

i have rented a shop and doing business since last 35 years, but now shop owner dong some DRAMA, Paying regularly rent and muncipal tax., pls advise.

Learning

5 Replies

Sarika Bhure(Mahajan) (legal practioner)     28 March 2018

Hello Mohini

Issue a legal notice to him and demand the outstandind amount under the heads of rent and municipal taxes. sent the said notice through Regd AD. if he fails to pay the amount after receipt of notice, file the civil suit in the court. contact a lawyer of your locality for the said purpose. he will guide you in this matter.

Sarika Bhure(Mahajan) (legal practioner)     28 March 2018

Hello Mohini

Issue a legal notice to him and demand the outstandind amount under the heads of rent and municipal taxes. sent the said notice through Regd AD. if he fails to pay the amount after receipt of notice, file the civil suit in the court. contact a lawyer of your locality for the said purpose. he will guide you in this matter.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     28 March 2018

You have not mentioned your State. The prevailing Rent Act of the State where the property is situated will apply.

Mohini (housewife)     01 April 2018

Sir, i have taken shop on rent in 1985 and paying regularly rent to owner but now owner is not acceping the rent and say he will go to court and try to get shop back.pls help me , i am tanenet since last 35 years and fro gujarat.

Thanks

Yusuf Rampurawala   03 April 2018

Hi just send a letter to the landlord alongwith the rent cheque by registered post. Whether or not the landlord accepts rent from you, you must comply with all your obligations. Let the landlord file a case in court. He will need strong grounds for your eviction. He obviously cant rely on the ground of non payment of rent since you are ready and willing to pay the rent. You can show the letters addressed to the landlord with the cheques attached, as proof of you having regularly paid the rent to the landlord. Provided non payment of rent is the only ground that may be used by the landlord against you for your eviction, please be informed that in such a case you are totally protected. Yes the landlord may bring up the ground of bonafide requirement i.e. he needs the shop back for his bonafide use. But for that too he will have to prove his case with supporting documents. So do not worry. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register