LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

geeta (none)     18 January 2020

Survey # mix up with neighbor

Place: Rural southern Karnataka 

Property: Agricultural ~1.3 acres, paddy fied. 

Bought: 2011. 

I recently discovered that the survey number of this property, that originally (3 hand-changes ago) was owned by a neighbor who has several acres of such land to his name (pieces with different survey numbers that he had bought over years, but by bit, to make a contiguous span of land) has been mixed up with one of his pieces that is about 8 cents smaller than the one I was supposed to have purchased.  This is a mistake that was passed on to 3 registration, including mine in 2011.  The excuse the lawyer that negotiated the registration for me is giving is that there was no survey mandate at that time (but he had charged me a survey fee). 

I would appreciate if an expert could let me know what the procedure to correct it is.  The neighbor is willing to cooperate.  I was assuming it would just be a change of name at the registration office, but would the 8 cents difference in property area pose any complications? 




 1 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     18 January 2020

Dear sir,

You have to file land measurement application to your village office or circle office.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More