LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhupender (Pvt. Employee)     17 February 2014

Surname missing in sale deed copy

My name is Yadagiri Bhupender Rao, in my name my surname is Yadagiri and with out expansion of my surname i usually write as Y.Bhupender Rao.

I recently around 10 months back i purchased an Independent constructed house and in my sale deed due to the mistake of document writer, my name appeared in my sale deed as Y.Bhupender Rao instead of Yadagiri Bhupender Rao i.e full name.

Do I need to correct my name as full name in Sale Deed copy? is it Mandatory to have full name in my sale deed, if not will i face any legal issues in future, suppose if i need to sale my property again to some one.

To make this name correction do i need to involve the sellers again like for there signatures or there presence in registration office.

Can you please explain the whole process to do it and cost attached to it.

Thanks in Advance.

Bhupender Rao Y

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     17 February 2014

Yes seller has to execute the rectification deed

Bhupender (Pvt. Employee)     17 February 2014

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for your quick reply. For executing this rectification deed do i need to bring all the executants in presence to registration office again.

Or can i get this rectification deed just by getting signed from the sellers, because one of the executants is an very Old woman aged above 80yrs, and the other owner has moved to US.

Please advise.

Bhupender (Pvt. Employee)     21 February 2014

HI,

Can some one please do the needful.

I'm awaiting for response/reply on above Query reg missing of my surname("Yadagiri") in my recent sale deed copy.

Mistakenly short name("Y.Bhupender Rao") has got printed in my recent house purchase sale deed copy instead of my full name("Yadagiri Bhupender Rao").

Thanks in Advance, help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bhupender Rao Y

Bhupender (Pvt. Employee)     21 April 2014

Hi, I have posted the above query regarding missing of my surname in full in my sale deed made to purchase an property. It is over 1yr I purchased this property now I came to know about missing of my Full Surname in my registration document, can this have any impact on my future transactions related to my property like to sale or go for any loan on my property. Thanks in advance, your suggestion is appreciated. Bhupender Rao Yadagiri

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register