LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANIL KUMAR SINGH   02 October 2022

Surety in deceased case

Dear Sir,

My mother died in 2009 without any nominee in her bank accounts which include FDs. Now the cumulative value of 4 FDs in 1 bank is around 30Lacs. We brothers & sisters are disclaimers and my father is the claimant. I have 1 Surety. Can my wife be the 2nd Surety? 



 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 October 2022

When there is no nominee, how is your father a claimant?  If no nomination is filed, then all the legal heirs of the deceased shall give consent to release the amount in one person's name by producing a legal heir certificate issued by the Tahsildar concerned.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     03 October 2022

Bank shall not release payment of your mother's FDR's on surety bonds .your father need to obtain succession certificate from competent court and has to submit in bank for getting the payments of FDR's.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 October 2022

Yes the due process is in the legal heirs securing the succession certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query