Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Summons in 138 ni act

Sir,

I was a client of a broker's operating in Mumbai with a HO in Kerala. I had issued a cheque to him in Mumbai, in 2009, which had bounced. After that, I settled the account and moved in other city for job. Last week, I got a call from my neighbour of Mumbai, that police had come with a summons of Kerala court. I was shocked, I asked my friend to inquire with police. He told me that some company in Kerala had filed a case and it was in that connection. I couldn't recollect, I thought must be some mistake.

Then I recollected that the broker had HO in Kerala. Through my friend dealing with broker came to know, my account is settled, still this mess.

What to do ?

Regards,

Udayan

Learning

2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     12 December 2014

If you have evidence to prove the same you can for revision against the complaint, since u have not collected summons, if u have then u can go for quash of the same. 

(Guest)

Dear sir,

Actually, the summons was sent to old address in Mumbai couple of times and few months back there was a notice sent, under section 81.  But police replied to the court saying the party no longer stay in the city and has shifted to other state.  I came to know about it last month.

What should I do now ?

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register