Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek (service)     21 September 2023

Suggestion of best time of settlment

Hello Members,

My wife filed 498A, 406, 506 , 509 and 3/4 DP act. It is a fake FIR. She does not have any documentary evidence / Eye witness. She used to do ill-treatment with me and my parents. I already made GDE in my local police station and her location police station (without her knowledge). She stayed few months with us. then she left us.After one year leaving our house, she filed FIR in her police station. I got surrender-cum bail from court. The chargesheet is yet to be filed. My lawyer is telling he will speak with mywife family and try to settlement as such case will run for many years and there is no outcome of it. We donot have any kids so it is better not to fight the case and offer a settlement to girl family.

I feel that asking settlement she may ask huge money from us which i am not interested. ( she is earning 50K per month).

Please suggest should I ask the settlement now ? or will wait for charge sheet and after 1-2 years offer settlement if settlement request isnot coming from wife side.


 5 Replies

Raviraj Zanjurne   24 September 2023

no need to settle, fight 4980take aquital, then compromise with merger one time settlement

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 September 2023

Wait till the Police files the Final Report.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 September 2023

what is your profession.

Abhishek (service)     30 September 2023

Service IT sector.

Vishal, Adv-Supreme Court (Advocate Whatsapp 9717985984)     01 October 2023

Dear Mr. Abhishek,

This query is relative in terms of your time and money.

If you dont want to bow down agaisnt the unjustifed demands of your wife then contest the case but this will waste your precious time and energy and those wlll never come back.

If you want peace of mind and have plans to marry again then wash off your hands from the mud and arrive at an amicable settlement

For more detailed advice contact Adv Vishal Garg @ 9717985984

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More