LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kavita prakash patil   15 January 2023

succession certificate

hello sir/madam, I was an adopted child when I was 2 yrs...two sister adopted me from my family without making any adoption papers. I called them mummy.. between they educated me well my both mummies were dead, they both are unmarried . they made an affidavit, which is only notarized, and it included that the flat owner is now me, but society want succession certificate. how can I get ?


 4 Replies

bharat kothari   15 January 2023

you have to apply for succession certificate before district court where your property is situated. 93322523623. by relying on the affidavit and other necessary proff.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 January 2023

The adoption is not valid in law.

Two sisters cannot adopt you, it is unknown to law.

If you feel you have any rights in the property then you can file a suit for declaration to decl;are you as the successor iubn interst on the basis of the documentary evidences you rely upon.

You cannot succession certificate in any capacity.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 January 2023

I agree with the opinion and advise of expert Mr. T Kalaiselvan.

The adoption deed is invalid.

You have no right, interest, claim or title or succession of the properties left behind by your unmarried sisters, whom you called mummy.

You can not get succession of the flat.

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     20 January 2023

Dear Querist

One of sisters may have adopted you. You may search for adoption deed document as it is necessary to be presented before Court otherwise you need a witness for proving adoption. Then only you may prove necessary fact of adoption before Court.

Feel free to contact for further legal advices.

Mohit Chahal
District & Sessions Court, Hisar
Phone No. 9968911099


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register