Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Law $ aam (Executive)     09 July 2010

succesion

Hi to all members.

I was leaving with grand mother ( cousion of my real grand mother) from last 18 years. She died last month, left a unregistered will in my favour with tow witness. Now the brother of  grand mother claiming the property, but  i have a  court stay inmy  favour to maintain the situation same as it was at the time of grand mother. Her brother never look after grand mother and having a residence other then the city where the property belongs. My questions are 1.There is car in name of my grand mother how can i get transfered it in my name. 2. Monthly income scheme passbooks of post office   without any joint name but having a nominee other then me, how can i cliam the money of these passbooks. 3. Can her brother claim for the property of grand mother. Please guide me.

Thanks in advance to all responses..

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     09 July 2010

You'll get the properties of your grandmother which she left for you under the will. Her brother can claim the properties which she has not given to you under the will if she has no children, grandchildren of her own. However, you'll have to prove the will in the court as her brother is also claiming.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register