LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TAMILAN INDIAN (nil)     21 December 2021

Sub inspector delay to file fir

Anand and Jay both run the shop as friends. A year later when looking at the shop account .. Jay with intention along with his brother took an empty beer bottle and smashed on Anand's head.
Anand has severe injury in his head. 

Then Anand was admitted to the hospital. The subinspector (SI) came and investigated.
But the first information report not filed.  panchayat was held and they cheated Anand by getting the signatures  to go amicably as
SI assured anand that jai will relieve from shop ownership and fir will be made soon. 

 It has been two months since the incident .What is the way to put the first information report . 

Anand feel cheated now. Since he believe the words of sub inspector and signed in a paper when he was forced to do so. 

Pls suggest what to do next. Looking for  experts reply.🙏


 5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 December 2021

You can bring the notice to higher police authorities

1 Like

Archana Pandey   20 January 2022

In such case, you can approach Superitendent of Police under Section 154 (3) if Subinspector refuses to register FIR.

Megha   22 January 2022


Could you please throw light om any other remedy available, or this is the only option available to the querist?

Best regards,


Archana Pandey   22 January 2022

A complaint case can also be filed directly in the Court of the Magistrate having jurisdiction as per the provisions mentioned under Section 200 in the crpc, 1973.

B.N.Raja Mohamed (ADVOCATE)     25 January 2022

Every police officer has the duty to register the complaint if it makes out an offence. If not they have to be prosecuted under section 166-A I.P.C. Better move the high authorities first and the judicial magistrates court followed by a direction from the High court. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register