LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alok Ghadai   20 October 2019

Studying while doing part time job

sir can i do regular graduation while doing extradepartmental time related continuity allowance Gramin Daak Sevak Job as duty is of 3hour part time?

Learning

15 Replies

AS gramin daak sevak does not comes under civil service rule....so plzzz reply

sir plz reply as i have already joined.....is it illegal or legal for gds employee

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 October 2019

Please seek permission from your employer.

Alok Ghadai   21 October 2019

They told .....to study but not to neglect duty ie 3hr trca

They told .....to study but not to neglect duty ie 3hr trca

You have to seek permission in writing to the authority that appointed you, and should get written permission from them.  Then no one can question your wish to develop your career through qualification.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 October 2019

Yes, you can. But the studies should not adversely affect your performance in the office.

1 Like

Obtaining prior permission is mandatory in most of the Staff Disciplinary rules and regulations, and the impose conditions for that study also and insist subject to those conditions, permission will be granted.  I know such query in a forum where SI of Police during regular working hours, showed attendance at both places at the same time in some LLB course as a regular student and secured degree, both University and Department never raised any objections and a degree was also awarded to him.

1 Like

yes sir....they told verbally to study but after duty hours i.e 3hr

But sir SI is pure government job .....gds is contractual along with part time work.

P. Venu (Advocate)     22 October 2019

I am yet to come across a statutory rule mandating that a Government servant need to take permission to join a course of study while in servce. It is only that the continuing studies should not affect his perforamce. Yes, it is true that most of the departments are issuing such permissions. But they are nothing but mere placebo. Moreover, while issuing such permissions, no authority can permit a Government servant to compromise his performance.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 October 2019

The colleges that admit employes in AP mandated such NOC from employers.

Alok Ghadai   23 October 2019

But GDS are not civil servant...they were extra departmental agent get salary in terms of daily wage...in gds conduct rule and regulation it is mentioned u can do other sources of income after duty hour...then why we can't study after duty hours.Thats my question...if gds would be permanent job then why i might study through regular...i might choose distance graduation ..but its not permanent job

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 October 2019

One should believe that'Prevention is better than cure" . Addressing a simple letter is s a formality and one can avoid unnecessary complications in the future..  The query now culminated into justification.  If you assume it is not necessary, then you can proceed as you wish.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register